The Unexpected Team

"Your Chespin is in tip-top shape, Ms. Nijino," said Nurse Joy before Chespin hopped right back onto Yume's shoulder.

"Thanks Nurse Joy!" Yume replied

"I saw your battle with that boy," she said "I've never seen such an intense battle between to new trainers,"

"Two  new trainers?" Yume echoed

"Oh yes. I know you are a new trainer personally, but that boy wanted to make sure his new Pokémon was ready to "Go out into the world with him" or so he says,"

"Wow a new trainer ... OH! And Nurse Joy, I've been meaning to ask: Can I be a performer and a trainer?"

Nurse Joy chuckled a little "Of course you can! Do you want me to sign you up for both now?"

"Yes please!"

~~~~~

"Wow, I'm a trainer and a performer!" said Yume as she walked thru the city

"Chespin! "

"Took the words right out of my mouth," Then Yume glanced over at Luminous Tower "Guess I can start right here. I've never been inside the tower before,"

"Ches! "

"Okay, it's settled then! I'm going to earn my first badge right here and now!" Yume ran over to the tower as fast as she could and just as she ran inside she banged into someone (and we all know who) "I'm sor- ... You again?"

"Nice to see you again too, Tomato," Subaru replied

"What are you doing here?" she asked

"I was going to battle the gym leader, but they won't let you in if you only have one Pokemon,"

"So you only have one Pokemon?"

"Y-yeah. You're a new trainer too you know!"

"I know, but I didn't know that about you!" Yume beamed, somehow feeling superior. "But why don't we go Pokemon hunting together?"

"Huh?" Subaru gave her a confused look

"We'll look for new partners here in the city!" Yume explained "I'm sure there are lots of wild Pokemon here!"

"In the city?"

"Well ... if you looked hard enough," Subaru started laughing. "It's not that silly,"

"Listen, I'm not looking thru sewers to find some weak Pokemon who can't fight my battles," Subaru told her "So forget it, I'm leaving this city and going to a different gym,"

"Where?"

"You're prying,"

"Am not, now spill!"

Subaru sighed "Not that you will care but it's the Santalune Gym."

"Cool ... guess I have to come with you," Yume grinned

"Wait, what?!"

"Yeah! I'm going to be a trainer and a performer so I have to earn badges and keys!"

"And what if I don't want to travel with you?" Subaru asked

"Travel? No, I'm just going with you to Santalune City," Yume corrected "Then I'm gonna go somewhere else, maybe to a showcase, or another gym!"

Subaru thought about it for a while. "So we go to Santalune City together and then never see each other again?"

"Yep!"

"... Alright then,"

"Yes!"

"I'm coming too," said Kanata who suddenly appeared

"Why?" Yume and Subaru asked in unison

"Someone needs to make sure you don't kill each other before you arrive at the gym,"