A Familiar Encounter

"I didn't know there was so much forest in Kalos," said Yume

"That coming from someone who lived her entire life the city," said Subaru "I'm actually surprised you're adapting to this so well,"

"I'm not, really," said Yume "I can never get any sleep, the ground is so bumpy,"

"Well what did you -" Kanata stopped mid sentence

"What?" Subaru asked

"Listen," They were all quiet and they all heard the rustling of bushes.

"There's. Something. In there!" Yume whispered.

The sound got closer and closer until finally ... "HEY GUYS!"

"AH!"

"Don't freak out, it's only me,"

"Sorry, Laura," said Yume

"But ... what are you doing here?" said Subaru

"Traveling of course," she answered "I got a concert in the next town, then it's off to my next showcase. Where are you guys going?"

"Coumarine City," Kanata answered

"Yep! We're going to get another badge and Tomato is going to get another key," said Subaru

"Right ... the battle," Yume mumbled, Subaru starred at her "What?"

"I just called you Tomato,"

"When?"

"Just now?" he told her

"Are you okay?" Laura asked

"Yeah! I just got lost in thought," she replied

"Oh, well I know how to get out of your head," said Laura "A Pokémon Battle!"

"A battle?" Yume echoed

"Yeah, sure! We could battle! It would be fun!"

"I ... guess. Why not?"

"Do you want to battle together?" asked Subaru "It could be a double battle!"

"Uh ... n-no, I think I just want to battle Laura on my own,"

"Oh, sure,"

~~~~~

"Alright!" sad Kanata, who once again was a judge "It's a one on one battle no substitutions, you know the drill,"

"Lucario let's rock!" said Laura

"Chespin I choose you!" said Yume "Alright, we'll give it everything we got, right?"

"Chespin! "

"Battle Begin!"

"Lucario use Aura Sphere!" said Laura

"Use Pin Missile!" Just like n her performances, Lucario's Aura Sphere turned into sparkles just like Togetic's.

"Now use Bone Rush!"

"Use Vine Whip Reach for the sky!"

A long bone came out of Lucario's hands and he got ready to use it for an attack. But Chespin used his Vine Whip to Jump into the air.

"Jump after it!" said Laura, Lucario obeyed

"Perfect, use Seed Bomb!" Once Lucario was close enough, Chespin used Seed Bomb. "Yes! A direct hit!"

"Clever, but let's see how long you can keep that up," said Laura "Use Power-up Punch!"

"Use Vine Whip on the trees!" Lucario charged at Chespin, his fist glowing. But Chespin grabbed onto the branches above and started swinging from them, dodging the attack. "I'm so brilliant!"

"Oh yeah? Use Quick Attack!" Lucario used Quick Attack and vanished

"Ah! Where'd he go?" Suddenly he appeared next to Chespin and punched him out of the trees. "Oh no!"

"Now finish it with Bone Rush!"

"Use Pin Missile!" As Lucario got closer, Chespin quickly attacked to protect himself. "Yes! We're still in this!"

"You were never out," said Laura "So now we gotta get serious," Laura reached over to her ear. Then it started to glow. Then something on Lucario's wrist started to glow. "Lucario! Mega Evolve!"

"Mega WHAT!?!" Everyone cried

Lucario howled and glowed. Then suddenly his form had changed. "It ... mega evolved?" said Yume

"Use Aura Sphere!" Lucario used Aura Sphere. It was different ... more powerful

"No! Wait!" Lucario shot the attack and Yume interfered.

"Whoa!"

"Yume!"

"Yume!"

The battle was over, everyone knew that. "I'm ... I'm so sorry," said Laura as she ran over to Yume, Mega Lucario trailing behind her.

"Are you okay?" Subaru asked

"I'm fine," she told them "I'm sorry if  scared you,"

"I really am so sorry!" said Laura

"It's fine," said Kanata "I think she can survive,"

"He's right," said Yume as she got to her feet "I can live, I just was a little chocked and over reacted,"

"I shouldn't have mega evolved, I'm sorry,"

"Stop apologizing already!"

"Sorry,"

Mega Lucario turned back into regular Lucario. Yume walked over to him.

"You were super strong Lucario!" said Yume "And then when to Mega Evolved you were super, duper strong! The next time we battle I'm gonna beat you for sure,"

"Cario! "

"Don't be so sure," said Laura "Cause I'm not just a performer, I'm a triple threat: Performer, Rocker, and Awesome Battler,"

"Well then I guess we'll have to battle again sometime to see who the true winner is,"

"Yeah. Next time,"

~~~~~

"Hey Laura," said Subaru *later*

"Yeah?" she replied

"I know you gotta go soon but  need to ask you something, about music,"

"Sure, go ahead,"

"Well ... how do you write songs? I used to write them all the time but now ... I forgot how," Laura smiled "It's nothing to be happy about,"

"No, it's just ... you were my inspiration for song writing. I'd see you and Asahi perform, your voices were amazing but the lyrics to your songs really spoke to me. So I wanted to write the same, a song from my heart to reach out to others,"

"A song from my heart?"

"Yes! How you feel and such,"

"How I feel ... I'm hungry,"