The Hatching of a Friend

"The baby's coming!" cried Yume as she ran around the field, Chespin clinging onto her shoulder "The baby's coming! The baby is coming!"

"Calm down Tomato," said Subaru

"I think you should get it out of the case," said Aria

"You think?" said Kanata as he took the egg out of it's protective case.

The egg glowed more quickly. "Shoulder we keep it warm?" said Yume "Like with a blanket or something?"

"Or what about a big warm hug?" Aria wondered

"I think it will be just fine," said Kanata, disgusted at the sweet things Aria and Yume suggested.

Finally, the egg glowed one last final time and the Pokemon from inside was relieved. "It's a Helioptile!" Yume said in a loud whisper as the little Pokemon rested in Kanata's arms.

Subaru scanned it, of course.

"Helioptile, the generator Pokemon. The frills on either side of its head have cells that generate electricity when exposed to sunlight."

"Cool!" he said, also loud whispering. "Looks like you got a pretty nice catch there,"

"It's opening it's eyes!" said Aria

And soon, Helioptile was getting his first look around the world. "Welcome to the world little one," said Yume

"I'm your trainer's best friend!" said Subaru "He's right over there!"

"Uh ... hey?" said Kanata

Helioptile was immediately terrified. What was this strange place? Who were these strange people? And so ... he shocked everyone

ZAP!

"AHH!!"

"First rule of life ... don't shock people," said Kanata

"Maybe Bulbasaur should try talking to him," said Yume "You know since they'll be sharing the same trainer ... and that's you,"

"I'll give it a shot," Kanata called out Bulbasaur "Bulbasaur, this is Helioptile, he'll be joining us on our journey,"

"Bulba! "

Helioptile was terrified by this strange thing that somehow came out of a round object. And so ... he shocked everyone again.

"WHAT DID I SAY?!!" cried Kanata as he was zapped

"Maybe ... and this is just theory," said Subaru "He doesn't like us,"

"No, he's just shy," said Yume

"She has a point," said Kanata, still a little fried from the Thunder Bolt "Newly hatched Pokemon do have trouble controlling their power at first and also getting a grasp on the world around them,"

"Well maybe I can give it a try," said Aria as she walked over to Kanata since he was still holding Helioptile. "Hey buddy," she said in a baby voice as she held out her finger for him to touch. "I'm your friend,"

Helioptile reach out his finger, touched Aria's ... then shocked her. "Ouch,"

"That Pokemon is a hazard," said Subaru

"Don't say that!" said Yume

"Why?"

"Because it's rude,"

"Pssh! It can't understand us! It's a baby!"

ZAP!

"I stand corrected,"