Two Gifts and a Showcase

"I'm so excited! I'm so excited! I'm so excited!" Yume squealed "I'm finally going to get my first princess key,"

"You're not nervous?" Laura asked "I mean ... after your last performance I thought,"

"No! Well, maybe, just a little. But now I get to show everyone what I'm really made of! I won't fail! Not even if I loose,"

"Ches! "

"Togepi! "

"That doesn't make sense," said Subaru

"You simply have to read between the lines," said Nozomu

"Yes! Thank you! Oh, yeah, I almost forgot," Yume called out Emolga "Emolga, I'm sorry you don't get to be a part of this showcase, but you haven't been with us long so we haven't had anytime to plan and practice a performance with you,"

"Emolga"

"Yeah, I know it stinks. But you still get to watch with Subaru and Kanata ... and Nozomu, Rei, and Maria,"

"Thank you," said Rei

"Well ... should we get started?" Aria wondered

"Duh!" Laura and Yume said in unison

~~~~~

"Alright! I can't wait to totally crush the theme performance and then win the showcase!" said Laura

"Not if I win," said Aria

"Oh yeah? What about you Yume? Yume?" The two girls looked around for their friend. "There's her Fennekin,"

"And there's Chespin! ... And Togepi? Oh yeah, there she is!" Aria walked over to Yume "Hey Yume are ... Whoa, are you okay?"

"No," It was clear to anyone who saw that Yume was sick ... the trash bin knew it more then anyone. Gross.

"Oh geez, are you going to be sick?" Laura asked

"Too late," said Yume "I'm terrified,"

"But happened to all that I'll-show-everyone-who-I-really-am stuff?" Aria asked

"I said that?" Laura gave her a paper towel and she cleaned her face. "Guys I'm so terrified, I crashed and burned on my last performance. What if ... what if I do it again? What if I set everything on fire or really hurt my Pokémon,"

"You won't!" said Laura "Yume, you said so yourself, even if you loose you won't fail. If you loose to me then that's just because I'm awesome. But you won't fail, especially if you win. And nothing and no one will get set on fire,"

"If you say so," Yume replied, not looking any better.

Laura sighed. "Here, I want to give you something," she reached into her bag and took out a small tiny stone.

"A rock?"

"This is a very special rock. I wasn't always the totally awesome rock star I am today, I remember when I learned guitar and I wanted to perform in front of my family, even if I had stage fright,"

"You had stage fright?"

"Yep, a long time ago,"

~~Flashback~~

"I'm so scared Riolu," Little Laura told her partner as they sat on the beach "I can't do this! I need to cancel the concert!"

"Riolu"

"I can cancel right? No one can be too mad at me, right?" Riolu gave her a look "Don't give me that look! I don't have the strength to do it,"

Riolu looked around the beach then picked something up. "O-lu"