A Flowering Break

"You know, the Shalour Gym is a Psychic type gym," said Kanata as the three friends continued on their journey.

"It is?" said Yume, Kanata nodded "Why are you telling us this?"

"Cause we need to prepare ourselves for the psychic type moves the gym leader might shoot at us!" said Subaru "Right?"

"Uh ... yes and no," said Kanata "You know what they have at psychic gyms? Nuts! That's what. they have a bunch of people trying to see into the universe and the third eye and all that junk. So whoever you guys are battling, be prepared to fight a loon!"

"You shouldn't say that," said Yume "You haven't met them,"

"I don't need to. You can know a lot of a gym leader by their specialty type,"

"But what about the leaders we've already fought?" said Subaru "Yuzu ... well, forget about her. But what about Ako? Is she normal?"

"N-no," he replied

"Then there goes that theory,"

"That's different!"

"How?"

"Guys look!" cried Yume as she started to run a head of them.

"Hey wait!"

Yume ran over to a creek, with flowers blooming on the other side. "It's such a beautiful spot! Can we rest here for a bit?"

"But ... what about the gym?" Subaru said

"But it's so pretty here," said Yume "Subaru please!!!" There was a short pause, he looked at Kanata.

"The gym does wait for any man," he replied with a shrug.

Subaru sighed "Sure,"

"Yes! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

~~~~~

Yume had taken off her shoes and let her feet rest in the water of the creek.  Her Pokémon were playing in the trees with Subaru and Kanata's Pokémon. It was all so peaceful. "This is so amazing! The creek, the flowers, the mountains!" Yume let out a loud sigh "It's so beautiful. Reminds me of when I was little,"

"When you were little?" Subaru asked as he sat down next to her. "I thought you never left Luminous City,"

"I didn't," she said "But when I was younger I've always wanted to be out in a place just like this. So Mom and Dad set up my own little garden on the roof of the apartment. We did it every Spring then along the lines we just ... stopped. I haven't been up there in years,"

"Wow. When I was little my dad built me a tree house. It was a really cool tree house. I used it to get away from my normal everyday life and just ... I dunno, break away,"

"Is it still in your backyard?" Kanata asked, joining the conversation.

"Uh ... I don't know, we moved to Luminous two years ago,"

"Oh, I'm sorry," said Yume

"Forget about it. I like my apartment anyway, so no harm no fowl," Yume started to stare at the flowing waters of the creek.

"What about you Kanata?" she asked

"Huh?"

"Did your parents ever build you something special?"

"Oh, uh, no,"

"Nothing?" said Subaru "No race cars, tree houses?"

"Nope,"

"Well are there any moments with our parents that are special to you?" Yume asked

"I ... well ... you see ... my mom died when I was two years old," Yume gasped

"Whoa, I'm ... sorry," said Subaru

"It's fine, I barley remember her anyway," Kanata said with a shrug

"So what do you remember about her?" Yume said "I mean, it's okay if you don't want to talk about it -"

"N-no it's fine," Kanata bit his lip "Well ... I remember her funeral, a little. I don't remember a lot  about it actually.  But I do remember my dad I sitting on the front steps of the house. It was snowing and we just stood out there for hours I think. I thought about asking Dad to go back inside but every time I looked at him he was so sad.  Then finally he said to me 'You're mother was a wonderful person. I wish you could have understood it more before this happened.'" Kanata took a breath "I heard I looked like her, I think that just made him miss her more,"

"I'm so sorry," said Yume

"It's fine. Feels good to get this off my chest,"

There was a long silence that was only broken by the distant sound of Pokémon playing.

"I'm really glad I met you guys," Yume said finally "You're the greatest friends anyone could ask for,"

"I know," Kanata replied

Subaru and Yume both punched his arm, they laughed. "I'm glad I met you guys too," said Subaru

"Me too added," Kanata "I don't know what I'd do without you,"

"I feel like we should do some kind of ... tribute to our friendship or something," said Yume

"Like a blood oath?" Subaru asked

"Something like that, but without the blood. We need to use something else,"

"Well, there's grass," said Kanata, grabbing a handful of the greenery.

"And fruit!" said Subaru before picking an apple off one of the trees.

"And ... flowers!" said Yume "Oh! I got it! Helioptile!"

"Helioptile? "

"Sorry to interrupt your fun and I know I'm not your trainer but can you did a little hole right here for us?"

"Helioptile! "

In a few moments, Helioptile had dug a small hole then went back to it's play time. "Alright," Yume took Kanata's grass and shredded it into the hole.

"What are you doing?" he asked

Yume didn't reply. Instead she took the apple from Subaru's hand, broke it in half (somehow) then took a seed and put that in the hole too. Finally she took a seed from a flower and put that in the hole. Then she buried it.

"Whatever grows from here will be a symbol of our friendship!" said Yume

"Really? You think something will grow here?" said Subaru

"I don't know. But we'll seal it together!"

"How?" asked Kanata

"We shall water it by expatriating onto the dirt,"

"Um ... sure,"

"On three!"

"One, two, three!" They said in unison, then they all spat on the ground.

"May whatever grow from here grow," said Subaru "Or not grow,"

"Probably not grow," added Kanata

Yume punched both their arms at once then laughed. "I love you guys,"