A Friend In Need

"Battle begin!" called Subaru

"Fennekin use Flamethrower!" Yume commanded, Fennekin obeyed

"Use Seed Bomb!" called Kanata. And just as planned, Seed Bomb blocked the Flame Thrower. "Now use use Razor Leaf!"

"Dodge and use Ember!"

As the battle continued, Subaru sat and watched the two battled. Yume was pretty strong, but Kanata seemed stronger, and smarter.

Then he heard something in the bushes. He looked away from the battle and to the bushes, then back to the battle. Then he heard it again! What was that?

Subaru walked over to the bushes and saw a Pokémon lying on a tree, t looked sick. "Guys I found a Pokémon over here!"

Yume and Kanata stopped their battle. "What?" Yume yelled, not hearing what he had said before.

"I found a Pokémon here! It looks sick!" Subaru held the Pokémon in his arms as Kanata and Yume ran over.

"Who's that Pokémon?" said Yume before taking out her Pokedex.

Pachirisu, the EleSquirrl Pokémon. It makes fur balls that crackle with static electricity. It stores them with berries in tree holes.

"Wow, sure is cute!" said Yume

"But it's been poisoned," said Kanata "It looks bad too,"

"It has a fever," said Subaru "Is there a Pokémon Center near by?"

"Not for another three miles," Yume answered

Subaru felt worried for the little Pokémon, it looked really sick. "I think I have a Pecha berry in my bag," said Kanata "That should cure it," He started looking thru his bag. "Oh no, of all the time to be out of berries,"

"Oh no!" cried Yume "Do you have anything Subaru?"

"No,"

"Oh gosh! W-what do we do?"

Subaru looked at Pachirisu again, it's fever was rising. "We run,"

"Huh?"

"We're going to run like we've never run before,"

~~~~~

True to his word, Subaru ran as fast as he could to the Pokémon Center, determined to save Pachirisu's life. Yume and Kanata kept up with out trouble, both wanted to help Pachirisu as well.

"We should almost be there!" said Kanata "But we can take short cut if we turn left and thru the forest!"

"Got it!" Subaru turned without hesitation and made his way past all the trees and bushes.

BOOM!

"What was that?" cried Yume, but no one needed to speak for an answer. A hoard of Beedrill came flying over, not happy that unwelcomed guest had stepped into their territory.

"We don't have time for this!" said Subaru "Get out of here you good for nothing Bug-types!"

Now offended, the Beedrill fired a gust that nearly blew them all away. "He said we don't have time for this!" said Yume "Chespin! Fennekin! Come on out!"

"Bulbasuar we need you too!"

"Froakie! No time to waste!"

The four Pokémon came out of their balls and clung onto their trainers so they didn't fly away. "Stay strong and use Water Pulse!"

"Flamethrower and Pin Missile!"

"Solar Beam!"

The four moves collided and the Beedrill were suddenly disoriented. "Subaru, start running," said Kanata

"We'll keep them busy for you, but just go!" added Yume

"Right!"

Subaru dashed away, Froakie following behind and Pachirisu still in his arms.

But then - out of pure horror - a rouge Beedrill had escaped from the battle and was charging at them. "Froakie use Water Pulse!" Froakie shot it's Water Pulse and Beedrill dodged it and attacked Froakie with a Fury Attack. "Froakie!"

Beedrill got ready for another attack, this time aimed at Subaru. He hugged Pachirisu tight and turned his back to the Beedrill to keep it safe. But then, miraculously, Pachirisu climbed out of Subaru's arms, it jumped of his back. And fired a powerful Discharge. It shocked Beedrill and it was unable to battle (either that or dead).

"Pachirisu!" cried Subaru "That was awesome!" Pachirisu said nothing in reply but instead fainted. "PACHIRISU!"

Subaru scooped Pachirisu back into his arms and continued running. "Why did you do that?" he asked. Subaru looked at his Froakie, who was still hurt but not taking as much damage as Pachirisu. "Froakie return,"

Subaru ran faster then he had ever ran before and then he finally reached the Pokémon Center. "Nurse Joy it's an emergency!" he cried

~~~~~

Subaru waited as Nurse Joy tended to Pachirisu.

"We made it!" cried Yume as she entered the Pokémon Center, collapsing to the floor, Chespin and Fennekin too. "What did we miss?"

"Two Pokémon are in the center now," said Subaru "Froakie took some damage from a rouge Beedrill,"

"Oh no!"

"This is my fault," said Kanata "If I just payed more attention -"

"This isn't your fault," said Yume

"She's right," said Subaru, too down to add 'for once' "This isn't your fault,"

"Yuki Subaru," said Nurse Joy "You're Froakie is healed, but you're going to have to wait a little longer for Pachirisu,"

"Okay, thank you," Subaru patted Froakie's head as Nurse Joy went back inside the room where Pachirisu was.

"Oh, it sounds like it was really bad," said Yume "What could have happened to Pachirisu for it to end up like that?"

"I don't know," said Kanata "But whatever happened Nurse Joy can heal it, right Subaru?"

"Yeah,"

~~~~~

An hour in a half, they all waited an hour in a half for Nurse Joy to complete her work. And the wait was torcher for everyone. "Yuki Subaru," Nurse Joy called again "I'm pleased to say your Pachirisu is fully healed,"

"Chi-pa! " Pachirisu cried

"You're okay!" cried Subaru as he embraced the Pokémon "You're okay,"

"We were all so worried," said Yume

"You scared us to death," added Kanata

"It's a good thing you got her here when you did," said Nurse Joy "I thought she wouldn't make it,"

"But she did!" said Yume

"Yeah, she made it all the way!" said Subaru

"But ... what do we do with her now?" Yume asked "Take her back into the wild?"

"I ... guess so," said Subaru

"Pa! " Pachirisu cried, shaking it's head.

"I may be wrong, but I think she likes you Subaru," said Kanata

Subaru looked at the Pokémon then smiled. "What do you say? Want to travel with me?" he asked

"Chi-Pa! "

"Alright then," Subaru took out a poke ball and tapped it onto Pachirisu's head. It was zapped inside then in a few seconds.

Ping!

"Yes! I caught a Pachirisu!"

"That's great!" said Kanata "Now you have two Pokémon to use in your gym battle,"

"Oh man!" said Yume "I can't wait for when we arrive at Santalune City,"

"You do know where we are, right?" Kanata asked

"Uh ... the Pokémon Center?"

"Santalune City!"