Kanata and the Herb

Kanata walked thru the woods, searching for that one herb with Pumpkaboo. "Where are you herb?" he said as he looked.

"Pumpka! "

"Huh?" Kanata walked over to Pumpkaboo, he was looking at a bush. "Pumpkaboo, there's nothing in the stupid bush," Kanata pulled the leaves open. "See? Noth -"

"ZUBAT!!! "

A large group of Zubat just exploded from the bush. "Ah! It's every trainer's worst nightmare!" Kanata cried.

When all the Zubat had flown away Pumpkaboo flew over to his trainer.

"Pumpka? "

"I'm fine," he said "I just need to find my glasses," Kanata looked around for glasses but couldn't find them. Pumpkaboo searched too but he could find them. Kanata even called out Bulbasaur and Heliolisk to help with the search. But nothing!

Hey, um, guys. I hate doing this, but the Zubat have your glasses

"Perfect," Kanata huffed sarcasticlly

~~~~~

Pumpkaboo led the three others thru the forest in the direction of the Zubat. since Kanata couldn't see very well without his glasses, Heliolisk and Bulbasaur helped him out. But that didn't stop him from bumping into a lot of stuff.

"Ouch!" he cried as he hit a tree by his side. "Ugh, are we any closer to those Zubat?"

"Pumpkaboo! "

"Right, I forgot Yume is the only one who understands you,"

BANG!

"Ouch! What was it this time?" Kanata looked down at the ground and saw a blurry ... what was that? A dead Pokemon? Oh, no, it was an apple core. (few) He looked up and saw blurs of blue and purple. "Zubat," he muttered murderously. "Which one has my glasses?"

The three Pokemon started searching thru the group of Zubat. 

"Bulbasaur! " Bulbasaur cried once he found the culprit. Heliolisk pulled Kanata over to the Zubat and when he squinted his eyes, Kanata could see the Zubat was wearing his glasses as a hat.

"Hey! Give those back!" Kanata said

"Zu? ZUBAT-BAT! " he laughed

"It wasn't a joke," Kanata said between gritted teeth.

Kanata knew better then to attack while that Zubat was wearing his glasses, so he needed to get them back before teaching them a lesson. "Pumpkaboo and Bulbasaur use Vine Whip!" he said

"Saur! "

"Kaboo! "

The two Vine Whip grabbed both of Zubat's wings. "Bat? "

"Heliolisk, get my glasses back!" said Kanata

It was a moment of pure glory, it was all too easy. Bulbasaur and Pumpkaboo had Zubat trapped, the other Zubat were just watching them do it since they were apparently too lazy to fight back.

~~~~~

"Zubat! Hey should we help him out?" says one Zubat

"Nah, we haven't had a lot of excitement lately," said the other "Besides those are his glasses,"

"Oh yeah, hey pass me that apple core,"

~~~~~

As Heliolisk was about to grab Kanata's glasses -

"Dedenne! "

It was like the entire world came crashing down. Even with blurry vision Kanata knew something just stole his glasses ... again. He stood there shocked for a minute. Then he said "I'm gonna kill that Dedenne,"

~~~~~

Once again, Kanata found himself stumbling thru the forest. Hitting more branches, rocks, and trees.

"Dedenne! "

"I heard it!" he cried "Where is it?"

"Heliolisk! " Heliolisk pointed up at the trees. Dedenne was standing on the branches with Kanata's glasses in his mouth.

"Aha!"

Dedenne shot a raspberry at them then took off.

"Follow it!" cried Kanata

Although Kanata had to pulled faster and it hurt a lot worse, they managed to catch up to Dedenne at a steep rock cliff (they were at the bottom of the cliff not the top). Dedenne was climbing up the rocks.

"Bulbasaur, can I count on your help?" Kanata asked his partner.

"Bulba! "

"Then let's go,"

Heliolisk and Pumpkaboo stayed behind while Bulbasaur and Kanata climbed the cliff.

When Bulbasaur and Kanata were so close to catching up to Dedenne ...

....

...

It just ran over to them! Dedenne then placed Kanata's glasses back on. "Huh?" he said "Was this a joke,"

"Dene! "

Dedenne pointed to an edge of the cliff where a certain herb was growing. "It's the herb!" Kanata cried, he turned to Dedenne "I know you were trying to help, but there were better options to getting me here then stealing my glasses,"

"Denne "

"Come on, Bulbasaur, let's get that herb," Since he could see again, Kanata didn't need Bulbasaur's held to climb. But Bulbasaur came anyway.

Once Kanata reached the ledge he picked the herb and pumped his fist in the air. "Yes!" he said

You know Kanata would never act like this in front of other people. Funny right?

But as Kanata was about to go down -

WHOSH!

A gust of wind hit them and blew and blew until the herb slipped from Kanata's hand.

"Bulba! " Bulbasaur jumped and grabbed the herb with his mouth. But because of this he started to fall off the cliff.

"Bulbasaur!" Kanata cried, then he jumped and took his partner in his arms.

It was like the whole world was in slow motion, and only Bulbasaur knew it.

"You love me .... You really love me!"

Suddenly Bulbasaur started to glow brighter and brighter until a pair of glowing vines swung from a tree onto to safe ground and -

"Ivysaur! "

"You ... Evolved!" Kanata beamed as his changed partner smiled at him with the herb his mouth

Wait then how did he say ... Never mind

"Thanks buddy," said Kanata "Let's get this to Yume,"

As another adventure ends, we got to see what Kanata's like when no one is looking. Goes to show you can judge a book by it's cover.

To be Continued ...