A Ghostly Elite

On their way back to Luminous City, our heroes take a break in the forest and also take the time to see their new partners.

"Gallade, the Blade Pokemon. A master of courtesy and swordsmanship, it fights using extending swords on its elbows."

"Cool," said Subaru "I have a good feeling about having Gallade on my team,"

"My Pokemon would whip his butt," said Yume

"Is that so?"

"No, that's a fact!"

"Alright enough you two," said Kanata "I know you well enough that this has no end,"

"Fine," said Yume as she walked over to her partners "I want to train some more with Chesnaught and Vivillon anyway,"

"I should probably train with Gallade," Subaru added "I didn't have the chance to battle with him,"

"Then perhaps I could be your opponent," said a voice

Subaru turned to Yume thinking was her. "It wasn't me!" she said

Subaru turned to Kanata, he shook his head.

"It was me,"

They all turned to the owner of the voice and at once they knew who it was (because there was only one other Elite Four member they hadn't met. "Yurika!"

~~~~~

"Oh so you know my name, that's good to hear," Yurika said from under her parasol "The others told me you didn't know our names or who we are. Except for him," Yurika pointed to Kanata (he's beaming on the inside, I'm sure).

"So the Elite four talks about us?" Subaru asked her

"Well ... more like debates about you," said Yurika "Kirara thinks you're 'Bah', especially you," Yurika pointed to Subaru this time.

"Really?" said Yume "I thought she didn't like me  very much,"

"She doesn't, but she has had a certain loathing for this one since he yelled at her,"

Subaru huffed, he did not yell.

"Yell?" Yume repeated "What do you mean by yell?"

"Well -"

"That's for another time!" Subaru interrupted "So why did you say debate?"

"Well Juri and Sakura took a special liking to you. Especially you," Yurika pointed to Yume "Anyway, they say you're not half bad, she says you're a complete 'Bah'. I came here to make up my mind. What better way then with a battle?"

"Uh ... talking?" Kanata guessed

"Now what did you say your name was?" Yurika asked Subaru, ignoring Kanata's comment.

"Subaru," he replied

"Well then, Subaru, I challenge you to a battle!"

~~~~~

"So is this really happening?" Subaru asked as he and Yurika got ready to battle.

"You better believe it!" said Yume "And I get to be the judge! Whoo-hoo!"

"Yeah, great," said Subaru, who - for some reason - was actually nervous about his battle. He had wanted to battle a member of the Elite Four since Yume battled Kirara and then she got to battle Sakura, now it was his turn. But why was he so nervous? Maybe because Kirara and Sakura had those cute facade and Yurika ... well, she was a bit more on the cool side.