A Friend In Deed

"I'm gonna get to the gym first!" cried Yume that morning

"No, I  will!" said Subaru

"No I will!"

"I will!"

"I will!"

"I don't care," said Kanata who slowly trailed behind them.

The two of them ran and ran and ran, not slowing down for a minute. Then an unfamiliar third party joined them. "Hey!" she said "Where are you going?"

"The Santalune Gym," Yume answered

"Cool! That's where I'm going too!" she told them "Now try and catch me!" The girl dashed away and Yume and Subaru chased after her. Then at the same time they all reached the gym. "Yeah! I'm surprised you didn't faint,"

"Not us!" said Yume

"But we need to wait for our friend," said Subaru "He's a Slowpoke,"

"But not as slow as you may think," said Kanata as he walked over. "So this is it?"

"Yep!" said the girl "Welcome to the Santalune City Gym!"

"So are you going to get a badge too?" Subaru asked

"No, I just hand them out,"

"Oh, O- ... Eh?!!!" cried Yume "You're the gym leader?"

"Yep! Yuzu's the name! Water type Pokémon are my game!"

"Awesome!"

"Right this way please," said Yuzu as she opened the door to the gym. The three of them walked inside. "See those things that look like public bathrooms but without the door our toiletries?"

"Yeah," they replied

"Just stand inside those! There's enough for everyone," The four of them stepped inside each stall. "Here. We. Go!" Suddenly, the floor vanished from under their feet they were suddenly sliding down water slides.

"AAAHHH!!!" They all screamed.

"I'm gonna puke!" cried Subaru

"This is amazing!" said Yume

"I can't see!" added Kanata

When the four of them plunged into the pool they swam as fast as they could to stable ground. "Wasn't that awesome?" said Yuzu

"My whole life flashed before my eyes," said Subaru

"I can't see anything with my eyes!" said Kanata

"Really?" said Yuzu "I don't put chlorine in the pool, you know for those people who -

"No, I lost my glasses!"

"Oh, I'm sorry. Guess I forgot to tell you to be careful about that," Yuzu sad with a shrug. "So who's going to be my challenger?"

"I am!" Subaru and Yume said at the same time "No! I am! Stop that!"

"Why not both of you?" Yuzu asked

"Both of us?"

"Yeah! Two Pokémon each for you two, and four for me! I can handle it!"

"Uh ..."

"They'll do it!" said Kanata "Now can you point me to the possible direction of my glasses?"

"Behind you," They all said

"Thank you," And with that, Kanata blindly walked pool.

~~~~~