1| Glimpse into life of Raabia Kaif

OMG, Guys. I am so excited. First Chapter *_*

Welcome all my lovelies :* New Readers you are welcome too, enjoy the story and do drop your precious comments and votes :*

***********************************************************

'It is all your fault.'

'She is a bad omen I am telling you.'

'You, Raabia, you killed your mother.'

TRING, TRING.

A young woman woke up from her dream, horrified. Her chest heaved as she struggled for breath. Sweat bead trickle down her temple. She looked around in the darkroom for the water jug. She poured water into the glass and quickly gulped it down quenching her parched throat. Slowly, her breathing steadied as she relaxed. The girl fell back resting her back against the bedpost. She moved her hand and rubbed her face with her palm crying to calm herself.

'It was just a dream.' She kept repeating and then leaned forward. With her face still buried into her palms, she shook her head. But it wasn't just a dream, it was a haunting past.

She then sighed and sat up straight.

Slowly she slid down the bed and walked up to the window on the right of her bed. She pushed aside the curtain. Her eyes pricked with the soft sunlight hitting her eyes. She closed her eyes and slowly opened them again. She opened the window and peeped out. The window was large enough for her to stick out half her body. She smiled little closing her eyes as November's cool breeze fanned her face. She extended her hand and ruffled her elbow-length curly mane, her fingers disappearing into her thick mane. She shook her head.

After some time, she opened her eyes and looked down from the tenth floor of her building. She has gotten the back side of the building. This how she likes it. She looked down at the quiet alley.

'Raabia, beta? You are awake?'

She turned around on hearing a man's voice. She quickly wore her night robe and hurriedly left the room.

'Good morning, Papa.' Raabia said sitting on the armrest of one of the green sofas. Her father, a middle-aged balding tall man, greeted his daughter as he folded the prayer mat.

'Shall I make tea?' Raabia asked jumping off the armrest.

'Beta, why don't you pray? This isn't good.' Her father shook his head in disapproval. Raabia smiled placing her elbow on her father's shoulder, - 'I will. Papa.' She said brightly.

After her father had freshened up Raabia had finished preparing tea for him. Her father made a face as he tasted the bitter tea. He complained of no sugar.

'My pyaare Papa, you are diabetic na.'- she pinched her father's cheek- 'So, no sugar.' She said sternly.

Her father sighed shaking his head. Raabia stood beside him making sure he drinks it all. After he finished drinking, she patted his shoulder and said, - 'Good boy.'

Raabia then changed into an orange tank top and black track pants. She had troubles to tame her crazy curls in a ponytail. She wore her Fitbit and her white sneakers.

She is slightly annoyed because her father made terrible excuses and is skipping his morning jogging session again.

As she was about to leave her father interrupted her, he was concerned that his precious daughter will catch a cold in the winter morning. Raabia's mood melted and she hugged her father and assured him she will be fine and left the house.

Raabia has been following this daily routine since last five years.

Raabia Kaif was always an exceptionally brilliant student at her school. After she had completed her XIIth she sat through many entrance exams to get into a top engineering college. Considering her brilliance, it came as no surprise when she got into IIT.

The only problem was it was in Mumbai. Her father, Asif Kaif, being an overprotective father was skeptical of sending his daughter all the way to Mumbai and study in a hostel.

'Engineering college in Mumbai. There will be all sorts of boys in the college and God knows what type of girls will be there in a hostel. They will trouble you, beta.' He had expressed his concerns. They belonged to a small town of Lucknow and he wanted she did her engineering here itself. That wasn't possible.

Somehow Raabia convinced her Dad and rest is history. She didn't disappoint her father and graduated as IT engineer with flying colors. Now, Raabia Kaif works as senior System Analysist in one of New York's top MNC.

It has been five years since she got transferred from the previous MNC where she worked to their branch in New York. Raabia and her father have gotten very well accustomed to life here.

Raabia is closest to her Dad, Asif, they have only each other as family. They always look after each other and are very happy in their small family. Neither of them wants anything more from life. 

*************************************************************

So, guys, this was the First Chapter? How is it? We got a glimpse of our Main character, Raabia Kaif. Liked her? 

We will be getting to know more of her in the next Chapter :)The story is mostly from her POV.

Please drop in your thoughts on the chapter *_*

Thanks so much for Reading, guys :* And please don't forget to vote and comment before you leave. Please with puppy dog eyes.

 Please with puppy dog eyes