66| Saad Has A Surprise

One Week later, Raabia sat in her cubicle chewing on the top of her pencil and staring at her computer screen. As usual Sebastian caught her as he passed by her for his cabin. He frowned and stood in front, right behind the wall of her cubicle. Still lost in her thoughts, she didn't acknowledge him.

'Hey.' He snapped his fingers at her face and Raabia snapped out. She sat up straight and looked up placing her pencil on the table.

'He-Hey.' She stammered. Sebastian leaned his arm on top of the cubicle and observed his friend carefully.

They couldn't speak that time as the boss was on rounds and so, they decided to talk over lunch.

'So?' Sebastian asked unwrapping his sandwich. Raabia looked up from her salad, she played with her fork before saying, - 'I want to propose to Saad. ASAP.' She sounded serious.

'So, Tell him.' Sebastian shrugged and stuffed his mouth with a sandwich. Raabia rolled her eyes.

Raabia sighed poking her salad with her fork, - 'It is not that easy.' She stared sadly at the bowl. Sebastian frowned not getting anything.

He enquired if she is nervous about saying the three magical words, Raabia shook her head. She had been practicing her confession ever since her in-laws left one week ago. The next day after that incident. She grew more confident.

'Then?' -Sebastian shrugged, - 'You want to confess in the American Rom-Com way? Roses, candles, champagne, dinner?' He said and then chuckled. Raabia glared at him.

'Not that over the top.' Raabia admitted taking a bite of a lettuce. Sebastian nodded and suggested that she simply say those three words and be done with it. Raabia agreed. And then when she thought about it, she got nervous thinking about Saad's reaction.

What if he rejects her? What if their relationship gets stained and awkward. These thoughts always haunted her.

Raabia shifted and confessed the same to Sebastian. He thought for a second before holding her palm, - 'Dear, these questions are responsible for misery for so many people. Everyone who thought about this and backed out has regretted later.' He explained her. Raabia stared into his blue eyes and nodded.

'Good.' Sebastian patted the back of her palm and got back to his eating.

*****************************************

Raabia hurried out of the elevator. She has come late tonight and is stressed as dinner isn't ready yet. She fished out keys from her handbag and quickly unlocked the door. She is surprised to see the entire living room dimly lit with scented candles. Raabia held the doorknob and gaped at the entire set.

'Surprise.' Saad's booming baritone echoed in the hall. She is startled. Saad came out of the room dressed in his office attire- grey striped Tee and denim.

'Wow!' Raabia exclaimed.

Saad walked up to her and extended his hand. Raabia smiled and held his hand. He guided her to the dining table where he had arranged dinner. She felt little bad before also he had made these arrangements and even today. She too wanted to do something to make him feel special.

'Go wash your hands first. I will plate dinner.' He said and then smiled at her. Raabia nodded.

Raabia washed her hands and face. Quickly, she wiped her face, splashed some fresh perfume and left the room. Combing her hair with her fingers she set her curls properly while entering the living room.

Saad smiled at her and pulled a chair. Raabia noted that he too had combed his hair and smelt fresh. She smiled little taking her seat.

Raabia is impressed with the Butter Chicken, Tandoori Roti, Salad, Matar Paneer and soft drinks.

'I didn't make them.' Saad said touching his nape. He smiled nervously at her. Raabia chuckled and he smiled broadly.

'No problem.' Raabia said plating some butter chicken on his plate. Before she moved her hand, Saad held her wrist. Raabia paused and looked at him. The spoon dropped from her hand as she gazed into his eyes.

'No one is an awesome cook as you.' Saad complimented. He watched a crimson hue adorn her cheeks making her look adorable. Raabia looked away smiling shyly.

'Waise,'- Raabia began casually, Saad looked at her, - 'What is the special occasion? All this,'- she looked around awed, closing her eyes she sniffed the faint scent of the candles, - 'It is not my birthday, nor our anniversary? Then?' Raabia looked brightly at him.

Saad nodded. Her smiled fainted when he stood up and walked towards her. He stood in front of her and she felt her breath getting stuck in her throat.

Gazing into her eyes Saad got down on one knee beside her, Raabia felt her heart skip a beat. Slowly, he took her hand in his, all the while staring into her eyes. Raabia felt her stomach somersaulting as she gazed into his grey eyes.

Wow! The intensity, the look, she felt blown away.

************************************

Oo, Oo, * jumps on the spot* What does Saad have to say? I am so excited, Imagine how Raabia must be feeling? Gosh....

Guys, I am so, so excited *dances* What about you guys? And how was the Chapter? Drop in your comments *flying kisses* *smiles*