47| Touring Lucknow

Next morning, Saad woke up with a throbbing headache. He felt his head will crack open.

'Arghh.' He groaned.

He looked at the bedside table for water when he noticed a lemonade and a yellow note under it.

After last night, you will be needing this.

You are welcome in advance

PS: I missed this routine

PPS: I don't want this routine again *glares*

Saad smiled re-reading the note. He is happy with the way the note has changed; it has become friendlier. He quickly sipped the lemonade and stood up from the bed.

********************************************

Raabia sat on the wooden chair in the garden. Her legs stretched and resting on the small coffee table, her feet overlapping. Her laptop placed on her lap. She adjusted her cat-eyed glasses; she has brought the new one; and continued to work.

Mr. Kaif strolled in the garden and occasionally studied the Bougainvillea flowers.

Saad smiled on spotting them and hurried towards them. He checked his breath, good he had just brushed.

He ironed his Kurtha with his palm and walked towards them.

As Raabia took a sip of orange juice she felt someone stand beside her. She looked up and found Saad smiling at her.

'Hey.' He sat beside her.

'Hey.' She replied and got back to staring at her laptop. Soon, she looked up at him and watched him look around. She felt slightly bad for ignoring him. He has done so much for her and she is behaving so dryly with him.

She leaned forward and placed her laptop on the table.

'So, how is your headache?' She asked.

Saad is little taken aback but managed to smile. 'Better, thanks to your special lemonade. It always works for me.' He confessed.

Raabia lowered her gaze, her cheeks turning red as he complimented her. Saad didn't fail to notice it and smiled.

He looked at Mr. Kaif and then looked back at Raabia.

'Raabia?'

She looked up from the laptop and at him.

He continued, - 'I think we should take Papa to the US and get him treated by the best cardiologist there.' He suggested.

Raabia shifted in her place, her eyes twinkled as she looked at Saad. She was thinking the same thing and was mentally forming words to tell him. Saad is surprised to know their thinking is so similar.

Raabia nodded recollecting Baigan being their favorite. She couldn't stop herself as she held his palm.

'Thanks.' She confessed gratefully.

Saad shifted and placed his palm over theirs, - 'Arey, we are friends.' He said and smiled at her.

Raabia frowned. 'When did we become friends?'

'From now, this moment.' He said instantly. Raabia chuckled looking away, she was about to move her hand but he held it firmly. Her smile faded as she gazed into his eyes. He shook their hands and smiled.

'Friends.'

'Friends.' Raabia answered tugging her curls behind her ear. Saad smiled squeezing her palm gently.

**********************************************

They all had breakfast together. Feroz and Saad passed a naughty grin at each other. Both reeling from the hangover. Raabia felt her ear turn red when Saad praised her lemonade in front of everyone, she stood in attention when he turned to her and suggested, - 'make one for Chachaji also.' Raabia nodded smiling nervously. She looked down fidgeting with her nails.

After breakfast, Faheema suggested Raabia take Saad and show him Lucknow. Raabia shook her head but Saad nodded excitedly. Raabia sighed, she had no options left as even her father began insisting. Saad smiled happily at her as she pressed her lips tightly.

Raabia quickly showered and changed into a half-sleeved light pink cold shoulder top and high waist black skirt reaching her knees.

She stepped out from the bathroom and found Saad sitting at the edge of the bed tying shoelace of his sneakers. He looked at her and Raabia felt conscious. Avoiding his gaze, she walked towards the mirror. She caught his gaze in the mirror and she quickly looked away.

Saad watched her angrily comb her curls and then braid it neatly in loose side ponytail resting it on her shoulder. She applied Kohl in her eyes and lip gloss.

'Let us go.' She said placing the thin strap of her black handbag on her shoulder. She wore her wristwatch and turned around. Saad quickly looked away.

'Yup.' He nodded adjusting the collar of his V-neck maroon shirt. Raabia got a glimpse of his mole again, she inhaled deeply and looked away pretending she saw nothing.

*************************************************

Saad is amazed and enjoyed the tour of Lucknow- the city of Nawabs. He was particularly excited sitting on the cycle rickshaw. Every time there is a jerk, their arms brushed against each other's and Raabia felt a strange sensation. A new feeling for her.

'One photo, please.' Saad asked excitedly as the rickshaw sped towards their destination. Raabia nodded.

She felt her heart skip a beat as he shifted closer, he was about to move his arm around her but hesitated. Raabia looked away awkwardly.

'Oh ho!' Saad said agitatedly and removed her sunglasses. Raabia looked at him annoyed but his smile melted her. Saad clicked a couple of pics with her and then turned his attention to the surrounding.

You can be such a child at times, Saad. I didn't know you had this side too- Raabia thought as she observed him closely.

Lucknow had mostly historical places to visit. Saad clicked photos enthusiastically. Raabia mostly watched him.

For lunch, she took him to a restaurant that served best Lucknow Biryani. Saad enjoyed the food and complimented her choice. Raabia felt proud. And oddly the food tasted much better than she had ever tasted before.

After lunch, they went to a famous park. Raabia had come here many times and so she showed him around. Saad listened intently to her.

After strolling for a while they sat on a bench. Saad checked his photo gallery as Raabia looked around. She had her palms placed on either side of her and her gaze moved around the park. She spotted a couple getting extra cozy near the bushes and felt her cheek burning. She quickly looked away lowering her gaze. She stared at her feet that drew circles.

Raabia felt her heart jump to her throat feeling his palm rest over hers. Her head shot up and she looked at him.

'Sorry.' Saad apologized retracting his palm. He then turned his attention back to his phone. Raabia felt slightly disappointed because he isn't feeling anything but she, even the little touch, the small eye contact is making her feel so elated.

She looked sadly at him before looking away. She sighed moving her hand away. She stared at her the back of her palm until he stood up and suggested they walk again. Raabia nodded and silently stood up. 

*******************************************************

Awwww, Someone's feeling is intensifying *_* Raabia is falling madly in love with Saad *Hayyyee* But Saad *Sad pout* Why you no feel anything? * in terrible English accent* *sigh*

Anyways, How was the Chapter, guys? Our leads are now friends *dreamy sigh* 

Drop in your comments and please don't forget to vote *flying kisses*