63| Difference of Opinion

'Did I ask you to stop? THEN WHY HAVE YOU STOPPED. THIS IS NOT THE BLOODY FIRST TIME. SINCE YEARS YOU KNOW ME. GET LOST, BLOODY W****.'

Raabia woke up to the sound of bottle crashing and a man yelling. She looked around the dark pitch room wondering if she had a dream. Who was the man shouting? Raabia isn't used to having men speak this loudly.

She heard the sound of glass bottle rolling and sat up. She held her forehead and frowned hearing the man angrily slurring again, - 'MORE! PROPERLY. IDIOT.'

Raabia picked up her phone and checked the time. It is twelve in the night and Mr. Alam is drinking and abusing his wife. Raabia clenched the bed-sheet tightly. She had had enough. She turned and found Saad to be awake as well. He lay on his bed with his arm covering his eyes

She noticed him clench his fist tightly.

'Saad, Saad, wake up.' Raabia held his arm and shook him. No response.

'Saad!'

'What?'

Saad sat up straight and glared at Raabia. She pressed her lips tightly and pointed towards the door.

'MORE!'

Saad looked towards the door and then sharply at Raabia. Even in the dim light, she noticed his grey eyes turn dark.

'Stay out of this.' Saad warned and then shifted to his side. Raabia gaped at his back. Saad folded his arms and took deep breathes to calm his nerves.

'SHUT UP! KEEP YOUR ADVICE TO YOURSELF. S***. MIND YOUR BUSINESS AND DO AS I SAY W****.'

Saad squeezed his eyes tightly and pretended he is hearing nothing. This is something he had done all his childhood and in adulthood, he had run away. But now what?

'What are you doing, Saad? Your mother is going through hell. And you? Saad, I am talking to you.'

No response.

Saad felt the weight shift next to him and then heard Raabia's voice, - 'You can sit and pretend to be oblivious Saad Alam but not me.'

Saad sighed but doesn't turn around. Raabia looked at him for a response but when she doesn't get any, she turned around. Saad shifted when he heard the door open and shut. He sat up.

*************************************

Raabia felt her heart racing and her palm clammy as she placed her fingers on the doorknob. Mr. Alam is drunk out of his senses for sure, what if he misbehaves with her as well. She isn't worried about herself, Raabia just doesn't want Mrs. Alam to get into further trouble. Also, after calling her as "mother", Raabia can't just ignore her getting tortured.

She closed her eyes and exhaled loudly, she was about to twist the doorknob when someone held her hand. Before she knew it, Raabia was pulled back into her room by a pair of manly hands.

Saad pinned her to the door and glared into her eyes, Raabia stared back confidently.

'Are you out of your mind?' Saad gritted his teeth, his grip on her wrist tightened.

'Yes, I am.' Raabia doesn't blink and replied confidently.

Saad sighed letting go of her hands, he looked away massaging his forehead.

'When he is drunk he becomes an animal. He will hurt you badly. Why don't you understand.' Saad explained. This time his voice soft. This melted Raabia as well.

She spoke after a second. 'And Ma? He is hurting Ma, what about that?' She questioned.

'She is used to all this. I am used to all this. You will get used to as well.' Saad explained. Raabia is shocked by his reasoning.

'Used to? Just because she has become used to doesn't make it correct. This has to stop.' Raabia reasoned.

'How? You think you will barge in, give some lecture and he will change? Sudden enlightenment?' Saad felt his temper rise. He is finding all this foolish.

He held Raabia's hand and suggested she sleep. As he took her towards the bed, Raabia jerked her hand away.

'I don't know about sudden enlightenment, but one thing is for sure. This needs to stop.' She said determinedly and walked out again.

'GO TO HELL!' Saad yelled from behind her, but she had left the room by then.

**************************************

Uh-Oh, guys! Raabia is going to face Mr. Alam, I am scared *worried face* Hope he doesn't hurt her. And Saad, its high time you be a man and stand up for your mother *sunglasses emoji*

What are your thoughts on the Chapter, my lovelies *smiles* Drop in your thoughts...