37| He Cares

This Chapter is dedicated to @eristaaa2121 You had requested so sweetly, How can I not post *_* But sorry I am little late in posting....

**************************************************

Raabia walked into Saad's room and noted him sleeping in an awkward position. His one arm over his head other dangling from the bed. One leg folded at a weird angle and one stretched. She noticed him quiver little. Turning her head to her right she noted the window open.

Raabia closed the window and stood there holding the handlebar. She recollected the time she and her father used to have tea here and chat.

She leaned her forehead against the window and sighed. It has been one week since she has been married and shifted here with her husband. Being away from her father still, stabs her heart. Especially, this room as it had belonged to her father.

Raabia quickly wiped her tears with the back of her fingers and exhaled deeply. She then adjusted the cream and white curtain covering the window. She looked at Saad one more time and walked out of the room leaving the door slightly ajar.

**************************************************

Saad shook his head little. His head throbbed with excruciating pain. Faint sobbing sound floating from the other room and this confused him.

Is it the pain? Or is he hearing things? Dreaming, perhaps? Or is Raabia crying?

Shit!

The sudden jerking off his head as he sat up sent fresh waves of pain through his head. He yelped holding his head.

The muffled sobs didn't stop and he slowly opened his eyes. Blinked a few times and slowly got up from the bed.

As he stood up he stumbled to his side but held the wall for support. He sighed clenching his head with the other hand.

He turned and found a glass of lemonade on the bedside table with a note under the glass.

Like every morning, you will be needing it

Raabia

Saad smiled and quickly gulped the drink. His head felt lighter as he walked towards Raabia's room. The room is locked but he could hear muffled sobs.

He knocked the door and called her name. The sobbing stopped instantly but no response. He frowned and knocked again.

He straightened on hearing hurried footsteps. Soon, the door opened and Raabia stood on the other side.

Saad looked at her from top and bottom, nothing seemed wrong. She is still dressed in her nightwear, white tee, and pink shorts. Her face told him how she had been crying for a while.

She looked at him with her puffy eyes and then sniffed wiping her red nose with the back of her palm, - 'You here?' she lowered her head.

'Are you alright?' Saad asked concerned.

'Yeah.' Raabia didn't meet his gaze and turned around. He watched her go into the bathroom. The door shuts and seconds later, he hears the sobs again.

Saad panicked little not knowing why she was crying.

He ran his gaze through the room trying to find some clue to her odd behavior. He noted a photo frame at the foot of the bed. Slowly, he walked into the room.

He stared at the back of the photo frame and then at the bathroom door.

Should I? or Should I not? – he debated with himself. But then her sobs were too much for him to handle and so reluctantly he bent and picked up the photo frame.