23| Raabia's Car

'I can't believe, I was set up for this.' Saad kicked a small pebble on the pavement as they walked towards the parking lot. Raabia looked at him and shook her head. They walked together with Saad's hands shoved into his pockets and Raabia's arms folded.

They stopped by Raabia's car. Raabia noticed how Saad's gray eyes widened on seeing her car. She looked at her Chevrolet Malibu, it isn't that great.

Raabia watched Saad transformed into a little kid as he looked at the car from all angles.

'Awesome, car.' He complimented running his palms over the sleek top of the car.

'Thanks.' Raabia smiled, genuinely for the first time at his words.

'Dad doesn't like the color, brown.' Raabia said after a pause. Saad looked up from the back; he had been peering into the backseat.

'I think it's awesome color.' Saad complimented. Noticing the glint in his eyes Raabia's smile faded. She looked away tugging a curl behind her ear.

To break the awkwardness Saad irritably announced they are getting late.

Raabia is shocked to know that Saad hasn't got his car yet. She nodded when he informed her that he is saving for one. Raabia itched to ask why is he bothering so much? Saad is blessed with a rich father and a family business then why this slacking? But she didn't ask thinking it to be his personal choice.

Silently they sat in the car.

'So,'- Saad spoke once the car halted at the traffic light-, 'Are you a green card holder?' He looked at her.

Raabia frowned at him, - 'Why?'

Saad smiled looking out from the window on his side and then at her, - 'after getting married to you, I will get one too.' He said coolly. Raabia's mouth dropped open. She gaped out from the front window and then at him. She twisted little in her seat and scowled at him.

'Is this why you are marrying me?' She questioned accusingly.

Saad shifted in his seat and shrugged, - 'No.'

Raabia shook her head; still shocked.

'But getting married to a witch like yourself I need something to look forward too.' His reply made Raabia's jaw to drop open little more than before. She glared at him and he winked at her, a smirk on his face.

There are honking from behind and Raabia quickly turned her attention back to the road. Saad chuckled beside her and she clenched the steering tightly increasing the speed of the car.

*******************************************

Raabia brought her car to a screeching halt thrusting them front. Saad is startled but Raabia doesn't react. She kept staring front. Judging by the way she clenched the steering wheel tightly, Saad knew she is angry. He doesn't care though. But as he was about to climb down he noticed his parents peeping from the window. Though they were high above and can't see clearly what is happening inside but Saad didn't want to take any chances.

'Good night, sweetheart.' He kissed her cheek quickly. Raabia's eyes widened and her jaw dropped; again.

She turned to slap him but by that time he had climbed down the car. Smiling shamelessly, he waved at her.

'****' Raabia mouthed before driving away.

Back home, Mr. Kaif repeatedly asked his daughter how her "dinner date" was but instead of replying Raabia kept washing her cheek with various kinds of soaps and shampoos. At one point, Mr. Kaif wondered if some insect bit his daughter. Raabia looked like she will scrap off her skin. 

**************************************

Raabia walked out of the arrival department pushing the trolley. She smiled feeling her father take deep breath beside her.

'Wear this sunglass, Papa.' Raabia fished out a pair of sunglasses and forwarded one to her father. But he refused and stated that he is in his motherland nothing can harm him. Raabia shook her head and wore her sunglasses.

Mr. Kaif looked around eagerly waiting for his younger brother and his family to pick them up. Finally, he saw his brother's half balding head amongst the sea of people.

'Feroz.' He waved excitedly. Raabia is startled and looked at the direction where her father waved.

As they walked towards the man, Raabia felt butterflies in her stomach. Since, five years she had no contact with her family back in India.

Things weren't bitter between them before. In fact, Raabia was very close to her Uncle Feroz, but ever since that incident. Things changed.

'Hey, Raabia.' Feroz looked at Raabia. He patted her head lovingly and complimented how much she has changed.

Raabia's Uncle Feroz looked complete opposite to her father. He is younger than Mr. Kaif but looks older to him with his balding head and pot belly. Raabia noted that even his face has silently wrinkled. She is proud that her father has maintained well, all credits goes to her strict regime.

'Come, beta. Your Chachi is very excited to meet you.' Uncle Feroz placed his arm around Raabia's shoulder and another arm around Mr. Kaif.

Raabia gulped on the mention of her Chachi, Khadus Aunt Faheema. Raabia never had a cordial relation with her Aunt.

To her Chachi, Raabia was only a troublemaker and good for nothing. But when her Chachi had termed her as a "bad omen" Raabia distanced herself completely from her Aunt.

*******************************************

It's so good to see a girl driving the guy around, isn't it *_* and Saad doesn't even mind *giggles*

So, Raabia is in India, Yaay. But I am not liking her aunt *serious expressions* What you guys think of her?

How was the Chapter, guys? Drop in your thoughts :*

Thanks so much for reading, guys *muuah* *muuah* Please do vote and comment before you leave *_*