20| Call Off the Wedding

As Raabia worked in her cubicle, her phone beeped. Not looking away from her screen she picked up the call.

Raabia: Hello

Caller: Listen, I want to meet you. It's urgent.

Raabia frowned and then moved the phone away from her ear. She adjusted her cat eye glasses and blinked at the screen.

She rolled her eyes on seeing Saad's name on the screen.

Raabia: I am not interested in talking to you.

She replied harshly. Raabia felt him sigh on the other side. A little later, he spoke

Saad: I am not interested in talking to you either but it's important.

His voice crisp and judging by it Raabia realized it must be important. She sighed leaning forward.

Raabia (massaging her forehead with her index finger and thumb): Talk now whatever it is.

Saad: No, I want to meet you and talk. Meet me at Andrew's. 6 sharp.

Raabia opened her mouth to say the timing should be shifted but he had cut the call on her. She sighed and glared at the phone before angrily slamming it face down on the table.

'Argh.' She groaned holding her head in her hands.

************************************************

Saad kept tapping his fingers impatiently on the table. A waiter came and placed the third cup of coffee at his side and asked if Saad needed anything else. Saad simply waved him off. After the waiter had gone, Saad cursed glancing at his watch.

7.30pm

She is doing this on purpose - Saad thought bitterly.

Had this not been important he would have never called her.

Sometime later, someone slammed their palm on his table and Saad looked up from his coffee mug. With the third cup of coffee down his throat, he felt unusually more active. He frowned on seeing the curly haired girl with cat-eyed glasses. He moved his gaze away from her face and noted she has just come from work as she is still dressed in a white formal shirt, sleeves of which is folded till her elbows and mustard pants.

Saad watched her as she pulled a chair and sat. She placed her brown handbag on the table and then removed her glasses. She tugged it in the neckline of her white shirt. Saad noted the first two buttons of her shirt open, her collarbone peaked from inside. Saad quickly looked away.

He kept tapping his fingers as Raabia fished out a small pink band. He frowned watching her tie her hair in a ponytail.

'Are you done?' He asked sharply.

Raabia glared at him, - 'You called me here with such an urgency I didn't have time.' She said dryly.

Saad rolled his eyes, - 'I had called you by 6, it's 7.45.' he tapped his wristwatch.

Raabia fought hard to smile as she looked at his irritated face. She leaned forward folding her arms and placing them on the table.

'You never asked me if coming at 6 was possible. My office hours end by 7. I can't help it.' She shrugged.

She smirked watching his jaw clench tightly.

'Anyways,' - she sighed, - 'what urgency?' She asked

Saad composed himself and sat straight in his seat. He looked down at the table briefly before staring into her eyes.

'Call off the wedding.' He said simply.

Raabia frowned at him. Saad sighed. He then narrated his plan, that she, Raabia, will make an excuse and call off the wedding.

'Why can't you cancel the wedding?' Raabia said annoyed. She can't believe for this stupid reason she had hurried from work.

'I can't.' Saad said simply, he leaned back in his chair and stared at her.

Raabia and Saad spend next ten minutes arguing.

Finally, Raabia stood up slamming her palms on the table.

'I can't believe you called me for this, silly thing.' She grabbed her handbag.

She was about to go when Saad held her elbow. He had hoped she will be more than happy to cancel the wedding.

Saad would have done it if it hadn't been for his father but of course, he can't tell her that. Raabia jerked her hand from his and glared into his eyes.

'Don't you dare touch me. Ever.' She warned him and walked away before Saad could say anything.

Great! – He sighed

There goes the last chance to break off the wedding - Saad thought as he watched Raabia go.

*****************************************************

No matter how much one tries but what is destined for you, you will get *Swag wala sunglasses emoji*

Poor our leads *Smirk* Looks like they are stuck with each other and the wedding will happen *Evil laughter* Unless....

I hope everything happens smoothly *Nervousness*.

What are your thoughts on the Chapter? Drop them in the comments ;)

Precap: Pre- Wedding Photoshoot.

Excited, my lovelies????

Thanks so much for reading, guys :* :* :* And pretty please don't forget to vote and comment before you leave.