6| My Drama Queen Papa

Raabia walked through the cubicles carrying coffee in a paper cup from her favorite coffee shop. She placed the cup at her desk, removed her white coat exposing her white and blue sleeveless floral jumpsuit. She was about to sit on her chair when someone interrupted her. She looked up and Sebastian's beamed at her. She ignored him and sat on her chair. His smile dropped.

'Hey, you had left early last night. Everything alright?' he asked concerned. Raabia looked up at him, 'You had fun? That is what matters, right?' she said sarcastically. Raabia rolled her eyes as he leaned his arm on top of her cubicle. He apologized and asked her again if she was alright. Looking at his concerned face, Raabia narrated everything from last night.

'Gosh! Rabbit, are you alright?'- Raabia nodded her head, then he went on- 'You should thank that stranger. What was his name?'

Raabia shrugged. It sounded silly even to her when she confessed she didn't ask his name. Sebastian shook his head, disappointedly.

As Raabia worked she felt her phone vibrate. She looked away from her computer and glanced at the screen. She sighed letting her shoulders fall on seeing her father's name flashing on the screen. She is already pissed off thanks to Ajmal and his goof-ups and now her father is calling. Unlike Ajmal; on whom she had screamed her heads off, she can't do it on her father. She decided to ignore it and busied herself with work.

But his phone kept coming. Exasperated, Raabia picked up the call.

Mr. Kaif: Someday if I die I know my daughter won't even pick up the call to come and bury me.

Raabia rolled her eyes as Mr. Kaif very dramatically scolded her. She shook her head and leaned forward grabbing her forehead with her palm.

Raabia: Papa, please stop being so dramatic.

Mr. Kaif: (gasp) Now I am being dramatic? I am doing drama, is it? I am so disappointed in you.'

Raabia sighed as her father continued to scold her some more. At the same time, Sebastian came to call her for lunch but she stuck out her palm and requested him to wait. Sebastian frowned, he could hear her father scold her from the other side. He smiled at Raabia's pathetic expressions.

Raabia massaged her forehead with her long slender fingers while her father spoke about Faiz; the alliance his friend had found, and then without waiting for her reply Mr. Kaif cut the call. Raabia dropped her phone and held her face in her hands. She shook her head as her friend laughed at her.

Later, two left together for lunch in a nearby; their usual place.

****************************************************

Sebastian is surprised to know about an alliance Raabia's father is insisting her to think about. He doesn't understand what is the hurry to get married.

Raabia exhaled loudly as the waiter placed her order on her side. She picked up her fork and played with the lettuce of the salad.

'It seems like his life mission is to get me married. Alliance after alliance. It is my luck that all are cartoon pieces else.' She shuddered thinking about getting married to some random stranger. Sebastian smiled taking a bite of his chicken pizza.

'Unlucky, I am already taken else we could have married and saved your father the trouble.' He chuckled. Raabia smiled too. He looked slightly offended when she shook her head.

When he enquired about it she simply smiled and leaned forward resting her chin on her left-hand knuckles.

'Because you a gora, foreigner, and Papa isn't fan of goras.' She said. Sebastian nodded his head thoughtfully.

Raabia recollected one night when it was getting late for work and Sebastian had come to drop her home and her father had lost his mind thinking she has an affair with him. Raabia took two weeks to calm him down and clear things.

*****************************************************************

Raabia entered her apartment and is surprised to find her father standing right at the door. He had insisted; rather scolded her, to come home early so that she could meet Faiz. He hugged her and exclaimed how proud he is of her. Seeing him smile, Raabia smiled too.

She dropped her bag on the bed and walked towards the wardrobe. She fished out the dress for the evening, olive green sleeveless wrap top and black cigarette pants. She placed it on the bed and grabbing a towel she walked into the bathroom.

'MashaAllah, my daughter is looking like a princess.' Mr. Kaif complimented looking at Raabia. She had blow-dried her curls, combed it and left it open; it took a total of fifteen minutes to do that. She isn't fan of make-up but since she is going on a date; if it could be called a date, she decided to wear a black kohl and red velvet lipstick that enhanced her thin lips.

'God give you success.' Mr. Kaif blessed his daughter. He kissed her forehead and bid her goodbye.

Raabia sighed clenching the steering wheel tightly and closed her eyes. She exhaled loudly and moved her hand. She adjusted the rear-view mirror and looked at her reflection.

She self-motivated herself asking her to be confident and be calm. She then ignited the engine and backed her car.

'All the best, Raabia Kaif.' She said to herself and drove her car out of the driveway. Raabia is having a bad feeling about the night.

******************************************************

Awww, Mr. Kaif is such a drama Queen. Don't scold your daughter so much *laughs*

I am wondering how will Raabia's date go? Hmmm

I am wondering how will Raabia's date go? Hmmm.... To me, Faiz doesn't seem like a bad guy, maybe Raabia is jumping to conclusions.... What do you guys think about this? 

How was the Chapter, guys? Drop in your comments *_*

Thanks so much for reading, guys *muah* *Muah*. And please pretty please don't forget to vote and comment before you leave. Please

 Please