9| Alliance for Raabia and Saad

Later that evening Raabia returned home balancing few advance IT books in her arms. She had gone to play badminton and then to a library with Sebastian. After that she left for home while Sebastian left with his girlfriend.

Raabia tossed her car keys on the coffee table in the living room and looked around calling for her father.

She panicked hearing her father's meek voice. She dropped the books and rushed to his room. She is surprised to find him on the bed. He looked sick. Junaid Uncle sat on a small stool beside him.

'What happened, Papa?' She hurried towards her father and sat beside him. She held his palm in hers and looked on concerned.

'Your father's BP shot up again. Luckily, I was here, else.' Junaid Uncle shook his head grimly. Raabia looked at her father. Tears pooling in her eyes made Mr. Kaif little guilty but he didn't show it on his face – this is important, this is needed; he mentally told himself.

'Papa, are you alright now? Why didn't you call me?' She hugged her father and sobbed.

'I didn't want to trouble you, beta.' Kaif caressed her hair. He held her shaking figure and looked guiltily at his friend. Junaid Uncle blinked at him silently urging him to be strong.

'Beta, my life is very unpredictable. I want something from you.' Kaif held her arms. Raabia distanced their frames and nodded, she held his palm tightly.

'Anything for you, Papa.' She sobbed.

Kaif gulped a tight lump that formed in his throat, he cleared his throat and tried to sit up but Raabia held his shoulders and insisted he lay down. He nodded.

'Beta,' -he moved his hand resting his palm on her cheek- 'please agree to marry. I want to see you married and happy. Please.' He pleaded her. Though Kaif pretended to be ill but the tears isn't fake.

Raabia nodded and hugged her father again, - 'Yes, Papa. Yes. Just nothing should happen to you. You are my only family.' She sobbed in her father's arms. Kaif wrapped his arms around his daughter and consoled her. He assured her that everything will be alright.

Once Raabia had calmed down she insisted she made tea for both men and left the room. After she had gone, Kaif opened his mouth to say something but Junaid Uncle gestured him not to speak lest Raabia heard them.

Raabia watched the tea brewing on the stove. She is numb fearing if her father will ask her to marry Faiz. It will be suicide for her but then her father's health is more important. Raabia sighed pouring the hot steaming tea into two cups, one with yellow and other with blue brims. She placed them on the tray and then some snacks along with it. She sighed blinking back her tears.

Anything for her father, his health is everything -she told herself.

'Tea everyone.' Raabia forced a smile entering the room.

Junaid Uncle helped Kaif sit up while Raabia adjusted the pillow behind him to support his back.

'Beta. I am sorry I am forcing you.' Mr. Kaif began guiltily but Raabia smiled forwarding him a cup. She shook her head, - 'Papa I have to marry someday. Please, don't say sorry.' She said sadly. Mr. Kaif didn't miss the sadness in her voice. He wanted to drop the plan but Junaid Uncle interrupted him.

'You know who your father has selected for you?' He sounded excitedly. Raabia shook her head sadly.

Junaid fished out his phone and forwarded Saad's profile. Because of network problem only his photo had loaded. Raabia's eyes widened on seeing him; he is the same stranger from that night.

Raabia was fearing which cartoon piece her father must have selected but she is surprised; pleasantly surprised on seeing this guy.

Ever since, he had saved her that night Raabia had always subconsciously thought about him. She hasn't accepted to herself but she knew she has a soft corner for him.