25| What Family?

Later that night, after dinner Raabia sat by the window still and enjoyed the view out of the large window. She sighed pressing her cheek against her knees, she tightened her arms around her leg and pressed her legs closer to her body.

With tears in her eyes, Raabia moved her one hand and placed her palm on the window sill. There are so many emotions attached to this place. She smiled sadly recollecting the time when she was nine and was hiding here from her mother. Her mother was forcing her to drink milk.

'Come, here Raabia, don't trouble your mother so much. Please.'

'What will you do when I am not there with you?'

'If you trouble me so much then I will go, up there amongst the stars.'

Slowly, Raabia moved her palm and caressed the night sky. Her eyes glistening with tears and an ache in her heart.

Raabia pressed her forehead against the window and closed her eyes. Teardrops escaped her eyes and fell on her knee.

'I miss you so much, Ma.' She whispered.

KNOCK, KNOCK

Raabia shifted in her seat and quickly wiped her tears. She shifted climbing down the window pane.

'Come in.' She called and sat on the bed quickly covering her face with a novel.

'Beta?' Raabia looked up from the book on hearing her father's voice. He looked worried. Raabia knew what he wanted to say and so requested him to leave saying that she is busy.

Mr. Kaif shook his head and removed his glasses. He walked towards her bed and sat at her feet.

'Doing what? Reading the novel upside down?' Mr. Kaif chuckled pulling the book from Raabia's grip.

Raabia sighed and leaned against the bedpost, she folded her arms angrily, - 'I know why you are here.'

Mr. Kaif nodded, - 'then you realize what you did in front of Faheema's friends wasn't a good thing at all. And you know you must apologize.' He stated seriously.

'No way.' Raabia rebelled.

Mr. Kaif sighed exasperatedly.

Raabia rolled her eyes as her father lectured her about how it is not right to misbehave with her Aunt. She is her Aunt, after all, part of the family.

Raabia stood up and moved her arms in the air, - 'Family? Papa, seriously? Where was this family when we, only both us were struggling after mom's death? I will tell you where? They were busy accusing me of killing my own mother. This very Aunt made me believe, a nine-year-old, that she is a bad omen, a killer. That time no one thought about Family and crap.' Raabia vented angrily. She folded her arms and turned around.

Kaif stared at her back for a while before standing up. He stood in front of her.

'Beta,'- He held her shoulders, - 'it is not necessary what they do, we do it too. Anyways, I have apologized on your behalf and with great difficulty, I have asked her to help you out with the wedding shopping. You don't have to apologize but behave.' Kaif's voice turned stern towards the end.

'Whatever.' Raabia sighed moving his palms from her shoulder. Kaif looked sadly at her as she sat on the bed, adjusted the pillow behind her back and began reading the novel again.

************************************************

Next day, Faheema is happy when Raabia got dressed in proper Salwar and Kameez. Raabia tightened her fists looking at the victory smirk on her face. Raabia doesn't know who she hates more Saad or Faheema. After a thought, Raabia decided she hates Faheema more. Her hatred for her has been building up ever since she was a child.

Raabia felt bored as she sat with her Aunt in a Saree shop. She slumped in her chair and glanced at her watch.

She sighed realizing that they are here for two hours and her Aunt hasn't yet finalized the dress. Raabia looked at the haphazard shopkeeper and felt pity for him.

Five hours later, Raabia couldn't feel her legs as her Aunt dragged her to a small mall.

'We have to get you a perfect lingerie.' Raabia froze and stared wide-eyed when her Aunt told her so.

Faheema didn't realize and kept walking, talking to herself. She stopped few steps later and turned around. She is surprised to find Raabia standing few steps back. Faheema shook her head. She cursed slapping her forehead and walked towards her.

'What happened?' She held her niece's arm and shook her hand.

Slowly, Raabia looked at her.

'But I have lingerie, what is the need?' She asked her aunt.

Faheema shook her head, - 'What are you, one? Raabia, you are getting married and you don't need your old ones,'- she leaned forward and dropped her voice to a whisper, - 'You need sexy ones, now. How else will you turn on your husband.'- she then straightened, - 'silly girl.' She blushed.

Sexy lingerie, turn on your husband- Raabia repeated Faheema's word in her head and panicked.

Yuck! Ew....gross! Chi

She was so irritated with the whole marriage thing that this didn't cross her mind. Marriage gives a man free license to sex. But will Saad try to- No, he wouldn't, he won't fall that low. But will he?

Raabia mentally decided she will kill him if he tries anything funny with her after marriage.

Raabia cringed watching Faheema select the lingerie. She made faces which were conveniently ignored by her Aunt.

*******************************************

They returned home by nightfall and Raabia immediately dashed into her room. She sighed resting her back against the door.

'Gosh!' She threw the shopping bags on the floor, kicked her slippers, tossed her dupatta to the corner and fell face front on the bed. She felt a sharp pain in her feet. Her knees and thighs, also her arms hurt with carrying all the bags.

Raabia is glad all this over.

*****************************************

OMG (sad), Raabia *emotional tears* She is missing her mother *more tears* What you guys, say, is Mr. Kaif right? or Raabia? I am very curious to know more about Raabia's past. Are you all excited too?

I don't like Faheema Aunty *twist lips in anger* but she is doing one thing right *winks* What say, guys? *double winks*

Precap:

Excited, guys ;) Want one more part???? *hides face*