57| Uh-Oh

'Saad?' – He looked up at her, - 'Is there something you need to tell me about last night. Honestly, I don't remember anything.' Raabia confessed.

Saad looked at her and momentarily considered telling her the truth.

He leaned in his chair and smirked. 'You were all over me, I tried so much to move you away but you,' – Saad sighed shaking his head and continued with a serious face, - 'Also, you confessed that you love me and cannot live without me.'

Raabia's jaw dropped and she retracted her hand as though she got an electric shock. Saad looked at her pale face and pressed his lips tightly; he shouldn't smile. But the look on her face was priceless, he wished he could secretly take a snap.

'Liar!' Raabia said after a while, even she seemed unconvinced. The look of horror mixed with confusion on her face; Oh, Saad was enjoying this so much. He smirked at her.

Raabia raised her eyebrow and Saad sighed raising his hands in the air, - 'You just mumbled about forgetting our "rivalry" and be a normal couple.' He gazed into her eyes as he spoke.

Raabia eyed him suspiciously as she leaned against the chair.

'Enough of all that, now,' – Saad leaned forward and grabbed the champagne bottle, he smiled at her, - 'Is one won't make you very drunk just little tipsy. If that is okay with you?' Saad spoke as though she is some underaged teen. Raabia felt slightly offended and so nodded. Saad is surprised as she grabbed the bottle from him.

'I am expert with this.' She said haughtily. Saad wanted to stop her and so he extended his hand and opened his mouth but by that time, Raabia had popped the bottle and it's froth spilled on her arm and little on her dress.

'Yuck! Shit!' Raabia gasped.

Saad facepalmed.

'Give it to me.' Saad leaned forward and snatched the bottle from her. Raabia made faces as she wiped her arms with tissues. She felt the liquid stick to her skin and shivered with disgust. She excused herself and walked into her room to wash her hands.

Saad smiled shaking his head. 'Pagal!'

He then poured little of the contents in his glass and then hers.

Raabia looked at her reflection, her cheeks red with embarrassment. She made a fool of herself in front of him. Then she reminded herself, he is her husband, it is okay.

'We are a normal couple now.' She told herself. After some self-talk, she felt better and then quickly fixed her make-up.

Saad sat at the table tapping his fingers and looking around, whistling. He heard the click of Raabia's room and he straightened in his seat.

She entered the living room and smiled at him, Saad noted she had done her touch up. She sat opposite him and he passed her the wine glass.

'Toast to our new life, the life of a normal couple.' Saad raised a toast. Raabia smiled nodding and raised her glass. Saad leaned forward and clinked their glasses. They looked at each other as they drank Champagne.

*****************************************

After few drinks they had dinner, this time they weren't silent, Saad mostly spoke and Raabia listened. They laughed reminiscing their college rivalry. Now thinking back about it, their fights were very silly.

'I still haven't forgiven you for the banner. You ruined my chance of being the department president.' Saad said sternly. Raabia frowned, she dropped her fork and glared at him. Saad shrugged taking a bite of pasta.