51| Back In New York

Raabia took a deep breath as she exited the arrival terminal at the US airport. She is glad she is back here and away from her depressing home back in India. She unzipped her handbag and fished out her phone. As she waited for network signal to come back she looked for Saad, he was right behind her. Where is he now?

Soon, he came dragging his wheeled suitcase. 'Sorry, got caught up.' He explained. Raabia nodded and then watched him take out his phone from his shirt pocket.

'Hello, Papa? Yes, I have taken my luggage and I am out...Okay.... But, I am disappointed with you...Bye and take care, call me if there is anything.' She spoke on phone. After completing her call, she turned around. Just then Saad had also finished speaking.

'Papa should have come with us.' Saad expressed his disappointment. Raabia nodded her head. The two then dragged their luggage looking for a cab.

'Papa was so disappointed with the result.' Raabia commented folding her arms around herself. Saad nodded, - 'I think that is why he suddenly decided to not come.' He expressed the thought that kept revolving in his head.

Raabia shrugged. 'Maybe.'

A few minutes later, their cab arrived. Saad and the driver stuffed their luggage into the back of the yellow cab. Raabia sat in the back seat behind the driver. She ignored the negativity that came with the disappointment of her father's sudden refusal to come with them and kept staring out. Watching the things go by relaxed her mind little but her heart is restless. It is anxious to know how her father is doing? It is worried if his condition worsened. Raabia exhaled loudly shifting in her seat.

Saad noted her discomfort but he didn't pester her. Knowing, her backstory and her current situation he thought it to be best to let her be, give her some space.

The two were very tired and retired to their individual rooms. They dropped on the bed and fell asleep; still dressed in their airport attire.

******************************************************

When Saad woke up, he felt out of place. For a moment dazed, he wondered if he is in India or New York. After he realized he is in New York, he climbed down the bed. The jeans he wore itched him and so he quickly changed into a black Tee and grey boxers. He yawned and stretched while walking into the bathroom. He left the room after freshening up.

Saad passed by the living room and paused, he retraced his steps and found Raabia sitting on the main sofa. She has worn pink sleeveless top and white boxers, her long slender legs exposed as she folded her right leg over the left. His gaze stared at her well-toned legs before shifting up. She is fidgeting with her phone and at times, biting the nail of her left thumb, her gaze fixed on the phone. She must be waiting for her father's call. Her eyebrows raised and pulled together. Saad noted her curly mane open and slightly wet, seemed like she has just bathed. That reminded him that he forgot to a bath. He smelt his armpits and chest before walking into the living room.

'Hey.' He dropped next to her.

'Hey.' She forced a smile and got back to staring anxiously at her phone.

'What happened?' He asked shifting little and resting his arm on the sofa behind her. Raabia shifted little as his arm brushed against the bare skin of her arm.

She shook her head and continued staring at her phone. Saad sighed, he leaned forward. Feeling him shift closer, Raabia felt her breath getting hitched. She eyed their knees that touched lightly. The brushing of his rough skin against her soft skin made her feel slightly tingly. Strange- she wondered.

'If you don't mind, shall we go out? Clubbing? Little atmosphere change and of course, alcohol will do you good.' Saad nudged his knee with her's and she inhaled sharply. Suddenly, she felt conscious, very conscious.

'Okay.' She nodded her head. Though Raabia has never been drunk her whole life she decided to not tell it to Saad, he might make fun of her. Also, her father is in India and so little alcohol won't hurt her. And of course, Saad will be with her and so she will feel safe. A small smile appeared on her lips as she recollected the first time they met in the New York pub, he had saved her from the goons and didn't even get into silly fights to impress her. She looked at him awed, he smiled back at her.

'You can take Sebastian with you if that makes you will better.' Saad suggested.

'Nah!' – Raabia shrugged, - 'He probably is busy with his girlfriend, Rosy.' She winked at him. Saad is slightly taken aback with the wink but managed to not show it on his face. Raabia looked flushed, she looked away embarrassed with the wink.

***********************************************

Raabia quickly blow-dried her hair and changed into a two-piece party wear- Lacy off-shoulder white crop top and a red short skirt reaching her mid-thigh.

She looked at her reflection and checked her hair.

Saad took a shower and took five minutes to decide what to wear. Finally, he wore mustard Tee topped with a blue blazer and denim jeans. He combed his gelled hair and applied a generous amount of cologne. He quickly wore his sneakers and left the room.

He found Raabia pacing in the living room. He is awestruck looking at her. He had always seen her in a tomboyish attire and traditional wear. But in modern attire, she is looking stunning.

'Hey, why so late?' Raabia walked towards him. She spoke to him but Saad found himself dazed. Her curly mane looked sexily messy and her blood red velvet lipstick made her other-wise thin lips appear fuller. Saad licked his own lips, his gaze fixed on hers.

'Hey.' Raabia waved her palm in front of his eyes and he blinked snapping out from his dream-like state. His gaze traveled up, her dark eyes adorned with black kohl making it appear larger than normal; he found it very adorable.

'Shall we leave?' Raabia said irritated. She grabbed his hand and dragged him out of the apartment. Saad let her lead him. 

******************************************

Clubbing! Woohoo *dances* I am so excited *silly smiles* 

Precap: Raabia chuckled softly and Saad nodded his head, she stared into his eyes briefly before confessing, -I love you, Saad! 

Haawwww! Excited guys? Drop in your comments *flying kisses*

And....