50| The Embarrassment

Raabia bit her lower-lip and kept shaking her left leg as she and Saad waited outside the clinic.

Saad looked at her and held her shoulder. She stopped moving her leg instantly but doesn't look at him.

'Relax. We both know you aren't pregnant so chill.' Saad assured her. Raabia nodded. She isn't worried about the results but she dreads her father's fallen face.

Soon they were called in.

Dr. Lara Singhal, a pleasant looking middle-aged woman sat behind her desk and smiled broadly at the young couple. Saad smiled awkwardly but Raabia doesn't. The doctor gestured them to sit opposite her.

'Doctor, we here to make sure if my wife is pregnant.' Saad began nervously. Dr. Lara's smile broadened

'Sure, Sure, Mr?'

'Alam.'

Dr. Lara nodded, her gaze darted from Raabia to Saad all the while smiling. Raabia felt irritated with the smile. Then the doctor took out her notepad and noted down Raabia's name and age.

'When did you get your last period?'

Raabia felt sweaty while Saad shifted clearing his throat. The doctor eyed them. Her gaze darting from one to the other.

'2nd.' Raabia replied with her voice quivering. Saad kept staring at his entwined fingers.

Dr. Lara noted it down and then looked up at the two again. Saad and Raabia kept avoiding each other's gaze as well hers. Lara frowned confused with their reaction. She shifted leaning forward and cleared her throat to get their attention. Saad looked up from his fingers and Raabia looked away from a baby's poster on the wall to her left.

She looked at both and then blinked looking back at her notepad.

'When was the last time you guys had sex?'

Saad and Raabia froze, they stared at the doctor wide-eyed. When there is no response the doctor looked up. She is now guessing there is something wrong. They don't seem like a normal couple.

Raabia felt a tight lump in her throat and sweat beads on her forehead. She is blank as she doesn't know what to say. Saad felt his palms clammy and felt his cheeks burn. Both felt embarrassed to look at each other.

'Well?'

'Last week.'

'Yesterday.'

Raabia and Saad paused while Dr. Lara raised her eyebrows. Both looked flushed and avoided the doctor's gaze.

'Oh, Shit! I am so stupid,'- Saad slapped his forehead and the two women looked at him, he then looked at Raabia, - 'I forget we had sex last week and last night we were busy with other things. Sorry, Doctor,'- Saad turned to Dr. Lara, - 'last we had sex was last week. My bad.' He let out a nervous laugh.

'Yeah, yeah.' Raabia nodded her head, her cheeks flushed.

Dr. Lara eyed them briefly before asking Raabia to follow her behind the white curtain. 

***************************************************

Oh, My God! The embarrassment *hides face* Hehehehehe Saad and Raabia *laughs* This was so funny. Haina, guys???

What are your thoughts on the Chapter? Please drop in your comments *flying kisses*

And...