48| Raabia Has Some Good News

Convincing Mr. Kaif wasn't easy but Saad managed to coax him to come with them for at least a month. Raabia felt very grateful to him for this.

The night before traveling back to the US, Raabia decided to talk to Saad and thank him.

She entered the bedroom and found him at the edge of the bed standing in front of an open black and red suitcase. He is busy packing for the journey.

Raabia walked in and he looked at her. He smiled little and returned to packing. She felt little hesitant to start a conversation and so sat beside the suitcase. Saad looked at her stiff posture and wondered if she has something to say. She had her head lowered and fidgeted with the fingers of her clasped palms.

Just then his phone rang, Raabia's posture relaxed hearing the ringtone. Saad picked up the call and left the room.

Raabia let out an exasperated sigh.

She changed into a yellow nightshirt and checked shorts. She entered the room and found Saad sitting at the study table talking to his mother and sister on Skype. Raabia tiptoed towards her side trying to avoid being spotted. But Zoya's sharp eyes caught her.

'Bhabhi.' She squealed.

Raabia paused with her one foot up and hands on either side. Saad turned around looking at her. Mrs. Alam and Zoya insisted she come and speak with them. Raabia felt awkward talking to them while in shorts.

'Come on.' Saad urged her by gesturing his arm towards her. She nodded and hesitantly walked towards the laptop. Saad stood up and Raabia sat in his seat.

'Hey.' Zoya waved at her. Raabia wondered if its young blood or some other reason of her hyperactive nature. Nevertheless, she finds her sister-in-law adorable. Raabia and Mrs. Alam greeted each other. As the ladies spoke amongst each other Saad got back to his packing.

Raabia had been feeling uneasy chest burn ever since she ate her Aunt's famous spicy chicken masala and now, she felt slightly pukish.

'And then Maam called my name, I was fir-'

Zoya stopped speaking as Raabia covered her mouth and gagged little. The ladies frowned as Raabia got up and rushed to the washroom. Saad looked alarmed.

'Beta go and check what happened to Raabia?' Mrs. Alam asked concerned. Saad nodded and rushed towards the bathroom.

'All right in there?' He knocked the door.

There is no reply but only Raabia gagging from inside.

'What happened?' Mrs. Alam looked worried while Zoya was curious. Saad stood in front of the laptop and shrugged, - 'Dunno, she is vomiting.'

He didn't notice his mother's expressions lit up and Zoya frown harder.

Raabia felt lighter after she had emptied all the contents of her tummy. She got up from the floor and flushed the toilet. And washed her face and gaggled her mouth with mouth fresher. She felt refreshed when she stepped out from the bathroom.

'Beta, are you, all right? I suggest you have a checkup done.' Mrs. Alam suggested. Raabia nodded though the silly grin on her mother-in-law's face made her suspicious.

'No, I am fin-'

'One shouldn't take a risk in such delicate matter.' Mrs. Alam interrupted. Raabia closed her mouth and blinked at the screen.

Seeing her confused, Mrs. Alam rolled her eyes.

'Bacha, it is the first time that's why you are clueless but this early stage of pregnancy is very delicate.' She explained patiently.

Raabia's mouth opened and her eyes widened – early stage of pregnancy

'Wow, Bhabhi is pregnant. That means I am gonna be an Aunt.' Zoya gushed happily.

'WHAT!' Saad yelled from behind.

Raabia is pregnant, Saad felt like his heart had stopped the second he heard that. Mrs. Alam blushed while Zoya ran off to inform her friends.

'Okay, beta. Take rest. Good night.' Mrs. Alam waved good night and disconnected. Raabia still dazed stared at the wallpaper of the laptop; she is reeling from the shock her mother-in-law threw at her.

Saad charged towards her, - 'What is this I am hearing? You are pregnant. How? I haven't even touched you?' Saad pointed his index finger at her.

Raabia wished she could hide her face or disappear somewhere; this is so embarrassing.

'You have an affair? Or did we do something when I was drunk?' Saad accused her.

'SHUT UP!' Raabia snapped slamming her palms on the table. She stood up and stared angrily at Saad. He gulped seeing the fury in her eyes.

'I am not pregnant, Okay. I had eaten too much and.... Your mother is misunderstanding us.' Raabia explained impatiently.

Saad's mouth twisted in an O as he realized everything and then he felt embarrassed for accusing her.

'I am sorry.' He apologized rubbing the back of his neck.

'Whatever, I am going to sleep.' Raabia said dryly and walked towards the bed.

Saad felt his ears burn as he watched her lay on her side and cover herself with the duvet.

He slipped to his side and stared at her back. Consciously, he kept a safe distance between them and closed his eyes. Soon, he fell asleep too.

Raabia on the other hand, couldn't sleep. First, she is tensed about her father and now, she will have to disappoint Mrs. Alam. She doesn't know how to tell her this. Raabia sighed and closed her eyes trying hard to sleep.

It is the first time that's why you are clueless but this early stage of pregnancy is very delicate

Now, when she thinks about Mrs. Alam's statement something about it made Raabia feel butterflies.

Why?

Raabia knew this will never come true, of course. There can be nothing like that between her and Saad. She shifted and turned to her side.

What is she doing with her life? His life? Raabia wondered staring at Saad's sleeping figure. They aren't a normal couple, and then a strange thought crossed her mind – Why can't they be normal couples?

She stared sadly at the distance between them.

Raabia thought- Can they not move on? College is long over then why not their rivalry.

As she stared at him she mentally decided to finish this chapter of their rivalry once and for all. He has taken a step forward by suggesting they become friends, she decided to be his friend.

At least life would be simpler and better that way. Raabia admired him till she fell asleep. 

******************************************************

Wowie, guys!!! Rank #4.... It's Party time *dances like crazy*

Coming to the Chapter. OMG! This was embarrassing and funny. Now Mrs. Alam is misunderstanding them, what next guys? 

Drop in your thoughts *smiles*