58| I Am A Jerk

After the argument with Raabia, Saad had felt guilty for ruining their perfect dinner. He decided he will end the topic by making Omar and Raabia talk and sort it out. As he called Omar he was in for a surprise. His friend openly and shamelessly accepted of stealing Raabia's idea. This enraged Saad. After the heated argument, Saad cut the call and tossed his phone on the bed. He sighed running his fingers through his hair. He decided to apologize to Raabia and make up for his foolishness.

He opened the door and is taken aback finding Raabia right at the door, only in her towel. She blinked confusedly at him before stuffing something behind her.

Raabia cursed herself mentally as she clenched the shredded piece of the dress behind her. Saad eyed her trying to take a peek at what she hid.

'Saad?'

'What are you hiding?'

'Nothing.' Raabia shook her head cutely and moved trying to hide the bundle of torn clothes. Saad shifted stretching his neck to look at it.

Raabia pressed herself against the wall playing with the cloth. She gulped a lump in her throat as Saad held her hand.

'You wanted to tell me something.' Raabia interrupted moving her hand, she is now cornered in between the door and the wall. Saad moved his hand away and looked at her. Raabia noted his expressions change.

'Yes, Actually-', - He stopped speaking as he got a glimpse of something maroon-ish behind her.

Is that the dress he gifted her? - He wondered with a sinking feeling in his heart.

'Saad – I – I', Raabia stammered but her attempts went waste when Saad grabbed her arm and pulled it from behind her. Raabia's heart hammered in her throat as he looked at the dress, wide-eyed.

'Saad, I can explain.' She began nervously but stopped speaking when Saad glared at her. She gulped staring into his eyes.

Saad looked at her. She took rapid breaths, looking innocent as she stared back fearfully. Her expressions said she was truly guilty.

Raabia posture relaxed when she saw him smile, then she got suspicious of him. He looked at the remnant of the cloth and then tossed it on the ground. Raabia's gaze followed the action, she looked back at him and opened her mouth to apologize. Saad stuck out his palm and Raabia quietened.

'I deserved it,' – He sighed and then looked at Raabia, she shook her head, - 'I had been a total jerk. First I arranged the dinner to make you feel special and then ruined it myself.' He accepted.

'No, Saad. I was the jerk. I shouldn't have torn the dress. I was -', Raabia lowered her head with shame.

Saad took a step closer and Raabia's heart began to race. He held her chin and she closed her eyes. Saad smiled at her reaction.

'I am sorry.' He confessed. Raabia gasped as he kissed her forehead. Slowly, she opened her eyes and looked at him, - 'I am sorry too.' She confessed. She felt touched by his action and had tears in her eyes; it's so unlike her. Raabia leaned and hugged Saad wrapping her arms around his waist. Saad is stunned, his arms hovering over her.

Raabia bit her lower-lip realizing she is just in a towel. She quickly moved away.

'Sorry.' She muttered pushing aside her curls. Saad smiled watching her tug her curls behind her ear.

Raabia frowned hearing Saad chuckle. She looked up.

'Raabia, relax.' He placed his palm casually on her shoulder and she gasped feeling his warm skin touch hers.

'We are a normal couple now, remember. You can hug your husband.' He winked at her and Raabia looked away, red-faced.

Saad wished her good night and turned around, Raabia called him and he paused with his fingers hovering over the doorknob. He turned around and looked at Raabia.

Raabia darted her eyes everywhere and fidgeted with her fingers. Saad noted her not meeting his gaze and wondered what she wanted to say. Noticing her glance towards her room he got a hint of what she wanted to say.

'Umm, you want me in your room?' He asked

Raabia looked up instantly, her shy gaze met him and she looked away. Still fidgeting with her fingers, she said, - 'We are a normal couple so shouldn't we be sleeping together.' The words rolled out from her tongue with a lot of difficulties. Saad found her shy smile very adorable.

He didn't know she could blush so much, also look beautiful while doing so.

He smirked. 'So, you want to sleep with me?' He raised his eyebrows. Saad decided to tease her little. Raabia looked at him wide-eyed for a second before rolling her eyes, - 'That's a very vulgar way to put it. If you don't want to then leave, I am not desperate to be a normal couple.' She replied haughtily. Saad suppressed a chuckle and that annoyed her.

She flipped her curly mane and turned to leave but froze when Saad held her wrist. She felt her breath getting stuck in her throat.

'But what if I want.' He confessed softly. His words made Raabia's heart to beat erratically. She lowered her gaze and smiled shyly. Saad let go of her hand, - 'You go, I will take my things and come.' He said

Raabia nodded her head not turning around. She quickly walked, more likely ran, inside her room. Once inside she leaned against the closed door and placed her palm over her racing heart. She took deep breaths to calm herself.

Why is she getting so excited? He is just going to sleep next to her, they had slept together so many times, what is new? – Raabia wondered. Is it that she is feeling something for him, love? Raabia smiled at the thought of being in love with him.  

********************************************************

Phew!!! 

What are your thoughts on the chapter, guys? Excited for the next *smirks* *winks* *raise eyebrow* Drop in your comments *smiles*

And...