64| Raabia faces Mr. Alam

'Ji, it is all over.' Mrs. Alam quivered holding the empty wine bottle. Mr. Alam looked droopily at her and then at the bottle. He relaxed in the chair stretching his legs out. Mrs. Alam stood up, she was about to leave when Mr. Alam held her hand. She winced.

'More.' He mumbled

'But-'

'GET NEW BOTTLE, I WANT MORE.'

Mrs. Alam panicked, she hasn't got any more bottles. Just as she looked around searching for something to distract her husband or at least put him to sleep, there is a knock at the door. She gulped and looked at Mr. Alam who gestured her to open the door.

'Ma, are you all right?' Raabia held her shoulders and looked at her concerned. Mrs. Alam quickly covered her bruised cheek with her dupatta and nodded.

'Aren't you feeling sleepy?' She spoke avoiding Raabia's gaze.

'No Ma.' Raabia looked over her shoulder and saw her father-in-law slumped and snoring on the wooden chair. She then looked at Mrs. Alam who had head lowered.

Raabia held her hand and took out of the room into the living room. Mrs. Alam gasped but she didn't protest when she noticed her husband had fallen asleep.

Hearing no sound, Saad came. He followed them to the living room.

'Why are you--'

'Raabia, stay out of this.' Saad interrupted them. Raabia sighed. Mrs. Alam looked confusedly from her son to her daughter-in-law.

'Saad.'

'Raabia.' He raised his index finger sternly at her, - 'This is our personal matter so, stay away.'

Raabia crossed her arms, - 'Excuse me. She is my mother and I am not a coward like you.'

'Excuse me?'

Mrs. Alam sensed the growing tension and interrupted them. 'Saad, Raabia. Please don't fight.'- She then held Raabia's arm and looked concerned at her, - 'Please beta. I am fine.'

Raabia opened her mouth but stopped on looking at Mrs. Alam's pleading eyes. Mrs. Alam caressed her arm and bid the two, good night. After she had left Raabia and Saad looked at each other.

Next two days, Raabia avoided talking to Saad. Initially, he had tried talking to her but after being refuted all the time, he stopped trying.

Raabia was determined to stop Mrs. Alam's sufferings and so whenever Mr. Alam misbehaved she interrupted them. He would stop abusing and would glare at Raabia hoping he intimidate her but Raabia wasn't like his wife, she wasn't afraid of him. Neither knew that all this was giving a strange confidence to Mrs. Alam.

One night, Mr. Alam was heavily drunk as usual had begun abusing Mrs. Alam.

Raabia looked up from her laptop and then at Saad who sat on the bean bag reading a novel. He looked at her too.

Raabia pressed her lips tightly and removed her glasses.

'Where are you going?' Saad asked as she walked towards the door. She looked sharply at him.

'Going to do something that you should be doing.' She taunted him. Saad shook his head and looked back into his novel. Raabia sighed and pulled up the sleeves of her grey top and left the room.

'GET ME MORE, WOMAN.' Mr. Alam yelled.

Mrs. Alam shivered badly as she scurried to get more bottle of wine.

'There are no more bottles left.' Raabia spoke sternly. Mr. and Mrs. Alam looked towards the small bar counter where Raabia stood. Her arms crossed, and her shoulder held high.

'What you do mean? There are bottles beside you.' Mr. Alam pointed at one wine bottle that was left at the counter.

Raabia nodded and coolly picked up the bottle. She dropped it. Mr. Alam's eyes widened while Mrs. Alam gasped.

'There isn't any now.' Raabia shrugged crossing her arms again.

Mr. Alam stared at the broken pieces of his expensive wine for a moment before fisting his fingers tightly and charging towards Raabia.

'YOU BROKE MY BOTTLE, YOU BLOODY W****' He bellowed moving his fist swiftly. Raabia closed her eyes placing her arms in front of her to avoid being hit. Few seconds passed, and she didn't feel the impact of the punch.

Slowly, Raabia opened her eyes and is surprised to find Saad in between them. He held his father's arm. 

*****************************************

Yaay!!! Saad *sunglasses emoji* Mr. Alam start saying your last prayers *dances* How was the Chapter, guys???

And what do you guys think will happen next? Drop in your thoughts?

And....