43| Saad's Reply

Saad shifted in his seat and looked at her, Raabia held her breath and looked back in uttermost concentration.

'Care? For you? Are you mad, woman.' Saad replied and then laughed. Raabia frowned feeling slightly offended. Why is he laughing at her? Did she say something funny?

'Who said I cared for you? I hate you remember.' Saad clarified after this laughter had died down.

Raabia pressed her lips tightly and looked away- what was she thinking? She was actually stupid enough to think he liked her. Bullshit, he is Bullshit.

'You know what,-' She stood up grabbing her plate- 'You are unbelievable.' She fumed and carried her plate to the kitchen.

Saad smiled sadly, - 'Sorry bro. But I just can't do it.' He muttered to himself.

***************************************

Later that night, Saad kept pondering over Raabia's words.

Why does he care for her? Has he subconsciously taken her as his wife? But he hates her, right? Why can't he go ahead with Omar's suggestion? Why breaking her heart isn't easy? Perhaps because he is a softie and can't see someone broken or rather can't see Raabia broken?

Saad got up from his bed and locked himself in the bathroom. Staring at his reflection he spoke to himself, - 'I don't care for her. I don't care for her. She is my wife and so out of humanity I helped her....'

He kept repeating those words until he was convinced, partially. Then he lay in his bed and forced himself to not think of her, eventually, he fell asleep.

Raabia was furious at herself, how can she think there is some good in that lunatic? All he ever did was hate her. But why?

Raabia wondered to herself why do they hate each other. They were rivals back in college, always competed against each other, but hate? Do they hate each other? Maybe he is miffed because she had slapped his friend? Or because she scored more in entrance exam or because of the banner incident? And why does she hate him? Competition? He scored more in the finals, that's why? Banner incident?

Raabia sat up straight on her bed and leaned forward. Holding her head in her hands she tried to not think about him. She mentally convinced herself that temporary she had lost her mental balance and had begun thinking of him in a good way.

After she was convinced, partially, she plugged earphones into her ears and listened to jazz at a low volume. A serene smile appeared on her lips and five minutes later she found herself yawning and her eyes felt droopy. Raabia removed her headphones and carefully placed her phone on the bedside table and then tucked herself in bed and within minutes she drifted off to sleep.

*********************************************

One week later,

Things returned to normal between the two with them arguing again; did it ever stop, No, of course.

There was only one difference, ever since that night Saad has stuck to his promise and never drank till late in the night. His friends were disappointed but he didn't budge. Omar had assumed he is doing all this for the plan and encouraged him.

Secondly, every night after returning from work Raabia would cook dinner for them both and Saad would delve into it without a word. But his expressions and the way he always licked his plate clean Raabia knew he loved her cooking.

Secretly she really loved him feasting on the food made by her. They hardly exchanged words but when they did Raabia liked it.

She was trying hard to not let him affect her, but he was. Slowly and steadily he was breaking her boundary walls and getting in. At times Raabia feared this, but at times she wanted him to break the walls. Why? It is something Raabia kept asking herself but always got no answers. Eventually, she let it be. 

********************************************************

Saad *claps* *claps* and *Facepalm* these two are back to normal ...

Precap:  After few minutes, Raabia turned to the other side and closed her eyes. Her eyes sprung open when she felt his arm around her waist.

'Good-good-night-wife.' He muttered shifting closer. Raabia felt her breathing getting heavy as his chest touched her back. He snuggled his head into her neck and Raabia felt goosebumps. 

Oh, Wow, guys *_* strangely, after reading the Precap I am feeling goosebumps too *love* *love* *hearts* What are your thoughts on the Chapter and the Precap? Excited. 

And thanks so, so, much for reading and thank you all for Rank #11 *flying kisses* Keep showering me with your love *smiles* 

Please vote and comment, my lovelies.....