34| Venturing Alone

Saad separated their frames and made Raabia drink some water. He noted her messed up hair and swollen eyes. Her jacket was little disheveled and her watch missing. Saad placed his palm on her shoulder, - 'Did you bring your bag? Where is it?' Saad asked softly.

Raabia sniffed, she quivered wiping the sweat bead off her forehead.

'They...they...were...two...two...men...they...attacked me and took everything....' She hugged her knees tightly. Saad caressed her arm, she moved her head resting it on his shoulder.

After two minutes, one the policeman asked them to come to police station and report the crime.

'No.' Raabia shook her head fearfully. Saad held her palm tightly and calmed her down. He coaxed her trying to make her understand.

***************************************************

Ten minutes, later, Raabia sat next Saad in the police station. Opposite them are two inspectors and standing beside them is the translator.

Saad had one arm around Raabia, holding her protectively and gently caressing her arm. His other hand held her palm tightly.

Raabia's voice cracked as she narrated everything that happened. Starting from when she had slipped out of the hotel to sightsee on her own and by evening when she was returning two men cornered her in a dark alley and harassed her. They stole her bag and watch.

'Were there any valuables in your bag, Maam?'

Raabia sniffed wiping her nose with the back of her palm. Slowly, she looked up at the police and said in a meek voice, - 'some cash, copy of my passport, mobile and a credit card.'

Saad is relieved her original passport isn't lost but more than anything he is thankful Raabia is safe. He pulled closer and Raabia closed her eyes.

After writing their report, a sketch artist was called. The artist drew the sketches of the goons as Raabia described them. Since the alley was dark Raabia couldn't make out much of their features but she honestly described everything she remembered.

After that, they were then good to go.

*********************************************

As the two walked together towards their hotel, Raabia asked softly, - 'Aren't you mad at me?'

Saad turned his head and looked at her. Under the dim moonlight, Saad couldn't see much of her face, but he didn't fail to notice the glistening tears and this made all his anger melt.

Raabia liked it when he held her hand, his touch warm and comforting.

'I was...you scared the heck of me. I was running around the whole hotel half naked.' Saad described his ordeal.

Raabia chuckled but quickly fixed herself, - 'sorry.' She muttered.

Saad threw his arm around her shoulder and tilted his head looking at her closely, - 'Next time don't go around venturing alone.' He advised her. Raabia nodded. Then realizing he had his arm around her, he quickly retracted and looked away. As Raabia too looked away a small smile crept on her lips.

The two crossed the small wooden bridge silently. It is very late in the night and there is hardly anyone. There are few windows where the lights are on rest all black. Even the water is calm. There are few boats parked and covered with blue covers. The street lights very dim and the marketplace shut down.

The silence disturbed Raabia, she wanted to distract herself from thinking about the haunting ordeal.

'Why were you so worried? You feared you will lose me?' Raabia asked. She turned her head and looked at him. Her heartbeat increasing with anticipation to his reply.

Saad turned his head and smiled at her, - 'of course if I lose you then with whom will I fight.'

Raabia chuckled, Saad's smile broadened. Raabia wrapped her arms around his and leaned against him. Saad didn't say anything.

*************************************************

Soon, they reached the room. As Raabia went to freshen up, Saad ordered something from the hotel's restaurant. After some time, Raabia stepped out from the bathroom and found Saad sitting on the bed with his legs stretched, his eyes staring at the small TV that is stuck to the wall facing the bed. He looked bored as he flipped through the channels.

'Thanks.' She said sitting beside him. Saad looked away from the TV screen and raised his eyebrow.

'For supporting me.' She clarified.

Saad nodded, - 'It's okay.' He then forwarded his mobile to her asking her to talk to her father. Raabia agreed. She took the phone and walked out to the adjoining small balcony.

With each ring, Raabia's heartbeat accelerated. She is worried what her Dad will say about her being so irresponsible. She played with the leaves of a plant placed one of the small red flowerpots on the railing.

'Hello!' Raabia felt her heart stop when she heard her father's voice. She took a deep breath and whispered, - 'Papa?'

Mr. Kaif was initially surprised that Raabia called from Saad's phone but after hearing what had happened he scolded her for being so careless and losing her purse. Raabia had no answer when he demanded to know what she was doing alone and why wasn't Saad with her. Raabia cut the call after good fifteen minutes. She tugged her earlobe but couldn't feel her right ear. Thanks to her father's loud voice her ear has gone numb.

She sighed staring at the screen. Saad's wallpaper is a photo of Mrs. Alam and Zoya. Raabia smiled admiring their photo.

Dressed in pink and blue banarasi saree with her hair open Mrs. Alam looked young and very beautiful. Her arms wrapped around teenage Zoya. The teen is dressed in ink blue top and brown pants. She is pretty as well.

Raabia wondered why Saad doesn't keep the entire family photo. Why not his Dad?

Her thoughts are broken when there is a knock at the door. She turned around and found half of Saad's body sticking out from the other side.

'Dinner is here.' He announced. Raabia nodded. After he had disappeared, Raabia sighed and turned around facing the beautiful city.  

***********************************************

Phew, Raabia is safe!!! Just her belonging's missing. But guys, the way Saad stood by her *_* *swoons* He isn't a bad person *hearts* Even though she is his rival, he cares for her *some more hearts* Or is it that he doesn't take her to be his rival anymore *flying hearts*

What are your thoughts on the Chapter, guys? Drop them in the comments :*

Precap: Gondola ride

Stay tuned for the next Chapter, guys :*

Thanks so much my lovelies for reading *flying kisses* Pretty please, don't forget to vote and comment :*