21| Pre-Wedding Photoshoot

'Papa, is it necessary?' Raabia scrunched her nose as she worked on the laptop.

'Yes.' Her father called from the living room.

Raabia sighed drooping her shoulders. She shook her head as her father asked her to get ready soon as they must leave within half an hour.

Raabia closed the flap of her laptop only when her father began whining that the groom side has already reached the venue.

Mr. Kaif sighed exasperatedly as he watched Raabia holding a towel in one hand and searching for the clothes for the day.

Raabia rolled her eyes as her father warned her to not wash her hair. She increased the shower to muffle her father's rants that floated from the living room. She bathed quickly and applied a generous amount of shampoo in her hair on purpose.

***************************************************

Saad stood under the warm sun in the middle of the Central Park. Many people stared at him like he is from outer space. The kids silently laughed at him. Saad looked down at his black business suit and wondered what he is doing here, in a park, dressed in formal wear. He looked up at the cameraman. He watched him adjusting the lighting and place his camera stand.

Saad is startled when a young blonde woman began powdering his nose. He asked her to relax but she insisted the make-up has to be perfect.

Zoya giggled watching the woman comb and adjust Saad's hair. Saad glared at his sister but she ignored him and continued to click photos.

'Pre-wedding Photoshoot is so romantic.' Zoya gushed happily. She ran away only when Saad extended his hand to hold her.

'Sir, please. Stay still.' The blonde woman scolded him. Saad sighed and sat properly as she sprayed his hair setting it in place.

****************************************************

Raabia halted the car in the parking lot and climbed down.

Mr. Kaif spoke to Mr. Alam on call. While still on call, he nudged Raabia and gestured her to follow him. Raabia rolled her eyes behind her sunglasses and walked with her father.

'Bhabhi.' Saad looked away from the hand mirror when he heard Zoya gush happily. He saw Raabia and her father walking towards them. Saad noted Raabia's annoyed face and smiled. He had given her the perfect chance to cancel the wedding, but she didn't. She asked for this. He looked away.

Zoya hurried to her sister-in-law and hugged her tightly. Raabia hugged her back with only one arm.

Zoya eyed her sister-in-law with a bright smile. She complimented Raabia's mint green two-piece mermaid evening gown. Zoya touched the edges of her curls and confessed how much she loves curls.

It looks good from far, sweetheart. Otherwise, its pain in the neck- Raabia thought to herself. But outwarded she humbly thanked Zoya.

'Stop troubling your Bhabhi.' Mrs. Alam interrupted them. Zoya pouted and took a step back. Raabia smiled, she likes Zoya, she is very bubbly and lively person. Raabia noted that Zoya looks similar to her brother. But behavior wise, Zoya is much better.

'How are you, Beta?' Mrs. Alam smiled warmly at her. Raabia nodded removing her sunglasses. She admired Raabia and complimented her. Raabia felt her father puff up his chest hearing all the compliments.

Saad stood by the camera and watched the blonde woman do Raabia's make-up. He suppressed a giggle as the woman struggled with Raabia's hair.

**********************************************************