2| Coffee, Work, and Office

Late night, Surprise, Guys *Wears Swag wala kala chasma*

******************************************************************

Raabia parked her car in the parking lot and quickly leaped out from her car. Locking the door, she turned around. Pulling her black coat close to her body she walked towards one of the Coffee outlets.

'Good morning, Sam,' – she greeted a blonde young girl behind the counter. They passed each other a familiar warm smile, 'One expresso.' She ordered. She nodded and got busy in getting her order. Raabia looked around and found an empty seat.

She placed her laptop bag on the table and pulled the chair. As she removed her coat the young girl, Sam comes with the order. Raabia likes this place for two reasons, one it is very close to her office and second, the service is impeccable. Raabia placed her coat behind the chair.

Raabia wore her cat eye-shaped black reading glasses and took out her laptop from her bag.

She frowned irritated when few young teen boys entered the outlet. They were annoyingly loud. Raabia is someone who prefers a quiet place. Her eyes are sensitive to loud screeching sounds. She tried her hardest to ignore them as she sipped her coffee and worked.

Raabia has always been an ambitious woman, for her career is what matters and everything else can go take a hike. This is why she had always been labeled as boring, but Raabia doesn't care. The other girls her age in school and college had been busy swooning for other boys and fangirling over celebs or gossiping but Raabia had always been focused on only her studies.

Even now, Raabia was drowned in work.

'Maam.' She is startled when someone tapped her shoulder. She looked up and found Sam standing next to her. She pointed out that her cell phone had been ringing since very long.

Raabia felt embarrassed but doesn't show it on her face. She glanced at her phone.

Janet calling.

Janet is an American Brunette working under Raabia but she is more of a hot assistant material than a system analysist. Raabia removed her glasses and picked up the call.

'Good morning, Raabs,' – Raabia cringed with the name Janet chose for her, - 'Come soon, we are waiting for you. This dude, Ajmal Sheikh, our new junior needs you.' Janet said in her crisp American accent.

Raabia nodded. She completely forgot about the new junior who joined the company recently. He is new to the US and has a problem in understanding their English accent. Raabia being the only Indian in their office is called for the rescue.

****************************************************************

Raabia walked into her cubicle, on her way she met Janet and asked for Ajmal. Within five minutes, she heard a man cough beside her and is impressed with the guy's punctuality. He is an average height young man with wheatish complexion, dark eyes, and black hair.

Raabia looked at him from top to bottom, he is dressed in striped blue and white shirt and high waist maroon trousers. Her gaze moved up and she inwardly cringed noting the excessively oiled hair.

'Maam.' Ajmal interrupted her and Raabia straightened in her seat. He flashed a genuine smile at her which she doesn't reciprocate. Raabia always maintains a very straight face. She asked him his CVs and he humbly forwarded it to her. Raabia leaned against her chair and flipped through his CVs.

He seemed to be very intelligent, his marks sheet said so. But Raabia noted he is bad in English, his grades fell badly because of it. She looked up at him with her eyebrow raised. Ajmal smiled nervously at her. She wondered how he got the work permit with such bad English.