28| Bidaai

With great difficulty, Saad and Raabia sat up. Saad ran his fingers through his hair setting them right while Raabia massaged her elbow.

'It is all your fault, idiot.' Raabia shook her head. Saad paused with his fingers in his hair and gaped at Raabia.

Raabia tried standing up but she fell, right on Saad's lap.

'Oww.' He huffed.

'Sorry, sorry, sorry.' Raabia tried getting up again but this time her necklace got caught in his maroon shervani.

'****' Both groaned in unison.

Next few minutes they spent trying to free the necklace. Irritated Raabia jerked her necklace. Saad gasped as a button of his shervani popped out. He scowled at her, Raabia smiled shrugging at him.

Saad pushed her down and took few seconds to stand up. He turned around and found Raabia struggling. Reflexively, he extended his hand but retracted quickly as Raabia gave her hand.

She cursed as he ignored her and walked towards his luggage.

By the time Raabia managed to climb down the broken bed Saad had showered and came out dressed in White shirt and checked boxers reaching his knees.

'Yuck.' Raabia closed her eyes.

'What?' Saad shrugged.

'Have you ever considered shaving your legs.' She pressed her palms tightly against her eyes.

'Why? I am not a girl.' Saad scoffed.

Raabia moved her palm to glare at him but quickly covered her eyes again.

Hearing her whine, Saad smirked to himself.

In the washroom, Raabia struggled with several pins and the heavy dress. Many times, she contemplated asking Saad for help. But her ego deterred her.

**********************************************

Finally, after much struggling, she was free of the ghastly saree. She then ruffled her hair and tied it in a messy pony-tail and then slipped into Loose brown cap sleeved shirt and black boxers reaching till her mid-thigh. She had second thoughts before stepping out wearing the shorts. But then coaxed herself- why should I compromise my comfort because of that idiot?

When she came out she saw Saad flopped on the bedsheet that he had spread on the floor in front of the broken bed. Raabia is happy she is spared from arranging the bed.

Saad frowned feeling her sit beside him. He opened his eyes and watched her lean forward and grab the edge of his blanket. She was about to pull it when Saad slapped her hand. She winced retracting her hand.

'This is mine, get your own.'

'Shut up.'

'You shut up.'

'I won't.'

'Then I will kiss you to make you stop talking.'

Saad smirked when Raabia gasped at his statement. She looked worriedly at him. Saad smiled victoriously as she scurried to get arrange her own blanket.

'You can share my bedsheet, though.' Saad said casually.

'No thanks.' Raabia snapped and busied herself in arranging the spare towel as her blanket.

Saad watched her lay on the bare floor and cover herself with the towel. She glared at him and he quickly looked away. She eyed him for a second before turning around, her back facing him. She closed her eyes and forced herself to sleep.