19| What Am I doing?

This late night update is dedicated to one of my most favorite reader and friend @Swag_Bhabhi....

Ready my lovelies????

Here is the Chapter, Enjoy :* :*

*************************************************

Later that night, Saad and his friends decided to grab some drinks at the nearby bar. Since his parents are around, Saad doesn't want to drink much. So, he chose lighter drinks.

'Oh, my shonu, monu, darling, cutie pie, babu, baby, what are you doing? I can't sleep please sing me a lullaby.' Omar, Dhruv, and Sandeep teased Saad. Even after repeated warnings, they didn't stop.

At one-point, Saad wished he could just punch their faces.

Oblivious to Saad's boiling blood they continued to tease him, - 'It's so pleasurable to run your fingers through your girl's hair but not in case of our brother Saad, his fingers will get lost or get entangled.' They all burst out laughing.

Saad clenched his glass tightly and stared front. How he wished he could just kill Raabia. No Raabia, no marriage. Problem solved.

Accidentally his gaze fell on the ring glistening in his finger and he clenched the glass tighter. He wished to just toss the ring into oblivion but couldn't as it will upset his mother and anger his father.

***********************************************

Raabia came out of the washroom wiping her face with a hand towel. She is startled on seeing her father seated at the edge of the bed. He is dressed in his night Kurtha Pajama and stared at the ground.

Raabia noted he looked very weary. This upset her.

'Papa?' She called softly.

Slowly, her father looked at her and Raabia is hurt seeing his droopy eyes. He smiled a weary smile and stood up adjusting his rimless glasses. He walked up to her and held her shoulders.

Raabia asked him if everything was alright. He simply nodded. Raabia noticed unshed tears glistening in his eyes.

'Beta, I am so happy. My daughter got engaged,' – he held her hand and admired the ring, - 'Very beautiful. You are very lucky. Their family is excellent and everyone is very welcoming,' – he held her face in his palms and stared into her eyes lovingly, - 'My Bacha will be very happy there.' He then kissed her forehead and hugged her.

Placing her head on her father's chest, Raabia wondered what will she do with an excellent and welcoming family when the man she is to wed is the same man she loathes. Raabia is confused as to what destiny wants by tying her into a loveless marriage.

Slowly, she hugged her father back. She tried hard to stop her tears but they betrayed her.

Mr. Kaif felt a tear top on his Kurtha but he assumed it is because Raabia is feeling emotional; in a good way.

Later that night both Saad and Raabia lay awake in their beds, staring at the ceiling unblinkingly and wondering- What am I doing?

****************************************************

Next day, Sebastian is shocked when Raabia narrated him the entire truth at lunch. It had started with Sebastian enquiring about the missing ring on Raabia's finger. She had first tried dodging his questions but he was adamant. He also lectured about how uncool it is to remove one's engagement ring.

'This engagement and this marriage mean nothing to me.' Raabia's words had made him gasp so loud that the entire restaurant had turned to look at them. Raabia then narrated everything.

By the time she ended Sebastian had been gaping at her. She sighed and looked away annoyed. Slowly, Sebastian moved his hand and placed his palm on hers. Raabia still didn't look at him.

'Dear, then why are you getting married?' He asked the same question Raabia has been asking herself for a very long time.

Then she recollected her father's happy face, his heart attack and sighed helplessly.

She looked at her friend, Sebastian held her palm tighter.

'For my father.' She said simply.

'But why for him you want to sacrifice your life?' Sebastian asked a very logical question.

But Raabia doesn't have an answer to this. For her, her father is everything. Her support system, both her parents. He has sacrificed so much for her, and she? When the time has come for her to do something for him, should she back out?

Standing up, she simply said, - 'Come we are getting late.' Sebastian didn't pester her after that.

To hide her tears, Raabia quickly wore her sunglasses and briskly walked out of the restaurant.

*************************************************

What do you think, guys? What Saad and Raabia are doing, is it right? I kinda feel bad for Raabia. All this is affecting our Raabia more *teardrop falling* I guess marriage affects the girl the most, Haina, guys???

What are thoughts on the Chapter?

Thanks so much for reading, my Jaan-e-mans *muuuuuaaaah* Please don't forget to vote and comment before you go ;) Please.