55| Raabia is confused

Raabia sat at her desk staring at her computer, she twirled her pencil in her fingers. Her mind kept replaying the incident from the morning. She wondered what she said last night. She hoped she hasn't said anything silly that will embarrass her. Judging from Saad's expressions it doesn't seem like something funny else he would have taunted her till she died of embarrassment.

'Hey!' Raabia blinked on feeling someone tap her shoulder. She looked up and found Sebastian next to her. He smiled moving in front of her cubicle. Raabia pushed herself by placing her elbows on the armrest and straightened in her seat. She flashed a small smile. Sebastian looked at her.

'All right? I hope I didn't mess up much last night.' Sebastian sounded concerned. Raabia shook her head and Sebastian let out a breath of relief.

'Then? You seem bothered?' Sebastian leaned forward resting his hand on the top of the cubicle. He looked intently at her.

'Dunno.', - Raabia shrugged, - 'Something is different, I feel lighter and more...I don't know.' Raabia looked at her friend hoping he understood her but Sebastian continued to look confused and so she dropped the idea of discussing the morning incident with him.

'Nothing.' Raabia placed her pencil next to her computer and got back to work. Sebastian blinked at her few seconds before bidding goodbye.

'See you at lunch.' He called. Raabia didn't even bother looking up at him and simply nodded.

*********************************************

Raabia continued to be disturbed for some time before getting engrossed with work. Sebastian called her and together they left for a nearby restaurant. They placed their usual orders and sat back in their usual spot, a secluded spot in a corner of a small Pizza eatery. Raabia looked on expressionless as Sebastian blabbered about his girlfriend's increasing tantrums. She suppressed a yawn and played with the salt stand. Sebastian ignored all the signs that Rabbit isn't interested.

Raabia is relieved when her phone beeps, at last, some distraction from her friend's monologue. She felt her heart skip a beat when she saw it was a message from Saad. He hardly calls or texts her and so this text is very special.

Saad: Be ready tonight we will go for dinner and I have gotten you a dress. Please wear that, it will mean a lot to me.

Raabia felt her cheeks flush on reading his message. Dinner? Dress? What is he planning? Is she dreaming? Raabia wondered with a smile. She re-read the message to be sure, it is what she read.

'Hey!' – Sebastian knocked the dining table and Raabia looked up alarmed, - 'What happened? Are you listening?' Sebastian asked her irritated.

Raabia nodded. 'Yeah, Rosy pushed your cat out of the window, then?' She leaned forward pretending to be listening.

Sebastian sighed and looked away momentarily, Raabia wondered if she said something wrong. He shook his head and massaged his eyes with his index finger and thumb, - 'Not my cat, her cat. I pushed that damned cat out the window, but the rascal survived he fell on one of the tree branches....'

Yawn!

As he went on with his monologue, Raabia quickly texted Saad under the table.

Raabia: Sure. But what is the special occasion? *smiles*

She then waited for his response all the while staring at her friend uninterestedly and fidgeting with her phone underneath the table. She felt her heart lift up when her phone beeped again.

Saad: Nothing special just a small dinner with my wife.

Raabia's eyes widened as she stared at her screen, "wife"? Is he drunk? He never addresses her as his wife unless it's when he is being sarcastic. Raabia is totally confused. She began framing a reply in her head when the waiter arrived with the food. Sebastian leaned forward and grabbed her phone, Raabia gasped and glared at him but he simply tucked the phone into his shirt pocket.

'First, eat.' He ordered. Raabia pouted. She was uninterested in eating her lunch, she didn't even realize what she was eating. Her mind and eyes distracted as she kept glancing at her phone every time.

A small dinner with my wife - the words sending a wave of happiness inside her making her feel excited. 

*****************************************************

Precap: Saad and Raabia's Dinner date

OMG! Guys are you excited *dancing* I am so, so excited *continue to dance* Drop in your thoughts, my lovelies *flying kisses*

And....