26| Mehendi Function

The entire house echoed with the sound of Dholaks and women singing folk songs in their monotonous tone.

Raabia sat in the center dressed in emerald green salwar kameez. She felt her arms hurt, it has been one hour since she has stuck them out suspending them in mid-air. Raabia distracted herself by staring at the Mehendi Cone's tip watching the Mehendi Wali effortlessly drawing an elaborate and delicate design on her palms.

Raabia felt her hands numb as her entire arm starting from the elbow is covered with the beautiful Henna. She felt cold too.

The same thing with her legs. The designs started from her knees and covered her entire leg till her toes.

Raabia gasped when Faheema said that Raabia has to not wash her hands or even touch water until morning. She groaned looking at her father who simply smiled at her. Raabia noticed the tears in his eyes and shook her head.

Her father gets so emotional every time.

Later when most of the crowd has dispersed Mr. Kaif sat beside Raabia. She turned her head and smiled at the father. Dressed in a green Kurtha and Pajama Raabia thought her father looked very handsome.

He held her face and kissed the side of her head, he then looked at her lovingly.

'Your mother would have been so happy. Thank you, beta.' He patted her cheek lovingly. Raabia lowered her head. Mention of her mother always makes her emotional.

****************************************

Mumbai, Night 7.30pm

'Damn this, Dhoti.' Saad cursed as he tried wearing the white Dhoti for the nth time. There is a knock at the door and Zoya's irritated voice floated in demanding him to come out. Saad mentally cursed and outwardly asked for five more minutes.

But in reality, he needed more than that. Saad groaned fidgeting with his Dhoti.

'Beta, I am coming in.' His mother's voice made him panic.

'No Ma.' He screamed trying to cover his boxers but too late his mother had already barged in. Saad sighed realizing all this time he had been changing clothes with the door unlocked.

Mrs. Alam gasped as Saad quickly wrapped the white cloth around his waist. Mrs. Alam chuckled while Saad's cheeks turned brick red.

He gasped wide-eyed when his mother suggested she draped the Dhoti for him.

She frowned at him, - 'Don't forget I used to change your diapers when you were a baby.' She teased him.

'But I am not a baby anymore.' He protested clenching the Dhoti tightly as his mother tried pulling it from his grip.

'You are part of me, son. What shame with your own mother?' She tried her best.

After a while of tug and war, Saad gave up.

'Fine, but close your eyes, Ma.' He sounded serious. Mrs. Alam chuckled. She reminded him if she does close her eyes then how will she help him tie the Dhoti. Saad facepalmed.

With his mother's help, Saad was done with the Dhoti within ten minutes. He looked at his reflection adjusting the collar of his Mehendi Green Kurtha.

'My Bacha is looking so handsome.' His mother complimented him. Saad whined as Mrs. Alam placed a kohl spot behind his ear. She frowned and lectured him about it protecting her baby boy from an evil eye.

Baby boy? Ma, Bhaiya is getting married soon and to you, he is still a baby boy?' Zoya said and giggled at her statement. Saad glared at her but that didn't deter her. To Saad's disappointment, his mother joined in.

**************************************

Saad felt silly sitting amongst ladies. The Dholak sound and the tuneless singing made his head hurt.

Zoya giggled beside him and whenever he glared at her, she teased her brother. Eventually, Saad gave up.

Saad stared at two heart-shaped leaves placed on his palms. Ladies one by one came and kneeling in front of him they blessed him and placed a small spot of Mehendi on the leave.

Saad frowned when few aunties clung to him in pretense to click photos. On the positive side, there were few young and beautiful girls eyeing him. Saad liked their attention. They were only people who made this torturous event bearable.

'Stop staring at the girls,' Saad winced when his mother twisted his ear little. He looked at him and she glared at him, - 'you are getting married.' Mrs. Alam scolded him.

Saad sighed and looked away.

Damn!

******************************************

Waah! Mehendi Function *_* and OMG our Tom and Jerry leads are getting married *_* *_**_* I am so happy. Watch me dance, guys 

Precap: *Smirks* Wedding night *Issh*

So, How was the Chapter? Excited for the next? Drop in your thoughts :*

Thanks so much for reading, my lovelies :* :* :* Please don't forget to vote and comment :*

Note: Guys, tomorrow I might not be able to update as my laptop is acting fishy and I need to get it checked *hides face* Sorry, guys *sad face*