24| Niece and Aunt

While their journey back home, Raabia kept lazily staring out of the window. The two brothers spoke fervently, and their chattering began to annoy her at one point. Raabia quickly fished out her earphones and groaned as it is all tangled. She didn't take much time untangling it, thanks to her hair she has become expert in this.

Soon, she plugged the earphones and blasted songs into her ear. She smiled snuggling into the seat as the chattering got completely shunned.

Raabia stepped down the car and looked up. Their ancestral two-story building in Lucknow doesn't look ancestral at all. With the new paint and beautifully made lawn, it seems like its recently build.

On the way, to their main entrance, Uncle Feroz informed them that ever since his Begum (wife) heard about Raabia's wedding she had hired a gardener.

Raabia scoffed, she knows very well that her Aunt hasn't done it for her but for some selfish reasons.

Once inside they found a woman dressed in green and white salwar Kameez ordering the light men around. She carried few colored lights on her arm.

'Faheema.' She paused hearing her husband's voice.

She turned around and smiled brightly.

'Arey, Bhai Saheb.' She quickly placed hem of her Dupatta over her orangish-black hair and hurried to them.

She greeted Mr. Kaif humbly and hugged Raabia tightly.

Raabia doesn't believe in all these fake formalities, so she doesn't hug her back.

'Arey meri Bachi.' She held Raabia's chin with her palm and admired her, Raabia noted the twinkle in her eyes were missing. She tilted her head and looked at her from other angles.

'Are we done?' Raabia roughly moved her Aunt's hand away. She didn't fail to notice her expressions change momentarily before she forced a smile.

Faheema ignored Raabia and called everyone to freshen up. She looked sharply at Raabia, - 'I will get the Lunch ready.' She adjusted her dupatta and walked into the kitchen.

********************************************

Raabia's eyes widen on realizing her room had been made into a store-room and now recently prepared for her. Raabia noted there are still remnants of old useless and broken stuff in the room. She rolled her eyes and removed her backpack. She fell on the bed with her back pressed against it. Raabia spread her hair and sighed staring at the rusty old fan.

Raabia had just come out from the washroom when she heard a knock at the door.

'Yes, come in.' Raabia called wiping her tresses with a towel. Faheema entered and called her in fakest sweet voice, - 'Raabia.'

She rolled her eyes and turned around. Faheema is a stubby middle-aged woman, to Raabia she looks very similar to a football. The most part of her hair is orangish thanks to the overdose of Mehendi that she applies to cover her grays.

Faheema scrunched at Raabia's attire, she frowned and looked down at her mustard cold shoulder top and brown jeans. What's wrong with it- Raabia wondered.

'This doesn't work here, sweetheart.' Her aunt placed her palm on Raabia's shoulder and squeezed her shoulder tightly. Raabia felt the pain but neither did she wince, nor did she show hurt on her face.

Raabia simply nodded as her aunt explained about her friends coming in the evening and that she has gotten few clothes for Raabia, traditional ones. She insisted Raabia wear them.

'I will.' Raabia fake smiled at her Aunt. Faheema left with a happy smile on her face. Raabia smirked as she got an evil idea in her head.

*********************************************

The rest of the day Raabia passed by reading a novel sitting in her favorite spot, by the long window in her room. She also roamed around the place visiting her school. Unfortunately, it was closed so she came back again.

By evening Raabia sat in her room working on her laptop. Faheema entered the room unannounced. She asked Raabia to get ready as her friends will be reaching here at any time. Raabia doesn't look up from her laptop as her Aunt placed a burgundy and golden salwar kameez at the edge of the bed.

'Wear this.' She ordered and left the room. Raabia doesn't flinch as she slammed the door behind her.

'Raabia, Come soon.' Faheema called and then faced her friends. She tried busying them with tea and snacks, but they were more eager to meet the bride-to-be.

************************************

Five more minutes later, - 'Hi all.' Raabia called and everyone turned to look at her. All the aunties looked excitedly towards the staircase and gasped.

Raabia stood confidently dressed in loose white sleeveless top and denim jeans. Her arms and toned legs exposed, her curly mane open and resting on her back. She also chewed a gum.

Faheema clenched her fists tightly as her friends gasped and murmured amongst each other.

'Yo Aunties, What's Up.' Raabia sat in between two women and smacked one of the aunties on her thigh. When the Aunty looked bewildered at her, Raabia winked back. The Auntie's jaw dropped.

'Aur Batao beta, what you do in the US?' One of the aunties asked.

'System analyst.' Raabia blew a bubble and burst it. Faheema clenched her jaw and looked away. Raabia smiled noting her Aunt's heavy breathing. Raabia felt peaceful seeing the woman who had tortured her so much in her childhood now so frustrated.

********************************************

Uff....Raabia

And the Aunties

And the Aunties. Hehehehehehehe

Faheema Aunty was so damn angry *evil laughs* 

So, guys, how is Raabia and Faheema Aunt's equation? Do you, guys, think what Raabia did purposefully to anger and embarrass her Aunt is right?

Drop your thoughts on the Chapter, my lovelies :* 

Thanks so much for reading, my Jaan-e-maans :* :* :* Pretty please don't forget to vote and comment :*