3| The Father-Daughter Bonding

'Papa!' Raabia exclaimed opening the door and entering her apartment. She frowned on not finding her father in the living room.

'I am here in the balcony, beta.' Her father called. Raabia smiled dropping her bag on the sofa. She removed her flats and walked into the balcony. She folded her arms leaning against the door and watched her father water the plants. He held one of the leaves from a rose plant and observed it carefully. He adjusted the rim of his glass taking a closer look.

'My Papa.' Raabia hugged her father from behind. Mr. Kaif is startled feeling a pair of arms wrap around his neck from behind. He smiled greeting his daughter as she hit her cheek with her father's.

They spoke for five minutes, after which Raabia went to freshen up while her father suggested he made some coffee and arrange snacks. Raabia thanked her father and kissed his cheek.

In the bathroom, Raabia took a quick shower to freshen up and changed into her casuals – loose pink top and white capri pants. She cursed combing her hair. She groaned realizing a tooth of her comb broke, once again. She stared sadly at the comb, it was her 5th comb this month. She searched for the teeth in the mess of her tangled hair.

'Beta, Coffee is ready.' Her father called from the living room. Raabia sighed giving up.

'Why did I have to get curly hair? Why can't have your hair?' she said pointing at her father's graying hair. Mr. Kaif chuckled taking a seat beside his daughter.

'Arey, beta,' – he caressed her cheek and smiled looking at his daughter-, 'you inherited it from your mother. It enhanced her beauty and improves yours as well.' He patted his daughter's cheek. Raabia noticed tears in her father's eyes and so she quickly changed the topic.

Every time, Raabia thinks about her mother and how similar they are, she also feels guilty. Some haunting memories resurfaced making her feel queasy and depressed.

Raabia cleverly informed her father about the get-together, she omitted the bar part. She told him it is a rooftop restaurant. She also felt guilty when her father agreed.

'Okay, but come home by 10.' He said sipping his tea. Raabia nodded. She is just going there to show her face to Sebastian, so there isn't any point in staying there longer.

'Beta, this afternoon when I was at the park I met Mr. Ali.' Mr. Kaif informed. Raabia nodded taking a bite of a biscuit.

Mr. Junaid Ali is Mr. Kaif's only friend in their building. There aren't many Indian families here and Mr. Kaif doesn't often interact with other nationalities. Only formal greetings and smiles. Mr. Ali and Mr. Kaif often catch up in the park and talk about Uncle stuff.

'Beta, he was saying about a family. They are very good people and their son. What was his name? Faiz? I think, he works here in New York and they are looking for a bride and-'

'Papa.' Raabia interrupted him. She sounded annoyed.

Mr. Kaif argued with her stating she has now reached a marriageable age and should get married soon.

For Raabia, marriage is the least priority. For her, her career is her only priority.

'How much more you want from your career? This way you will die unmarried.' Mr. Kaif argued.

Raabia held her forehead as her father continued to scold her. Raabia gulped down the remaining coffee and took her father's leave.

'I am very angry at you, young lady. Think about it. This is a very good alliance.' Raabia heard her father say from the living room. Raabia rolled her eyes and fell on her bed.

She wore her reading glasses and began to read a novel. Soon, her father's angry voice stopped and minutes later got replaced with him complaining about her to Mr. Ali.

Raabia smiled flipping a page of the book- at times her father behaves like a typical gossiping Aunty.

****************************************************************

Awwww *_* Raabia and her father's bonding is love. Haina, guys? And Mr. Kaif *Hehehehehe* Typical Indian Dad worrying about his daughter's marriage. I guess all Dads are worried *thinking hard expressions*. But he is adorable, isn't he? Typical gossiping aunty *Chuckles*

Precap:

'Good night and thank you once again.' She said. The stranger smiled. Raabia felt something oddly familiar about his smile and the twinkle in his eyes.

'Good night.' He said. Raabia then sat into the car and rolled down the window pane, she asked him if she should drop him but the man refused 

Wow, guys the Precap *smirks* Any guesses who the stranger might be? Drop in your comments on the Stranger *smiles* also drop in your thoughts on the Chapter.

Thanks so much for reading my lovelies, please don't forget to vote and comment before you leave. Pretty please.

 Pretty please