32| Venice!

Venice had a beautiful climate. Raabia and Saad felt chilly breeze hit their face as they stepped out from the Venice's rail station. They exchanged smile at each other but quickly looked away.

Venice is unlike other cities. The mode of transport here is boats and ships. Even the taxi is a small boat. But the yellow boat looked posh with wooden work on it. Since the taxi was too costly, they opted for a public boat. It's like a public bus, only it's a fairly large boat.

They waited at the dock for a while. When their boat halted in front of them. Saad climbed in first. He extended his hand for Raabia. She had wanted to refuse but realized that now was not the time to show ego. She held his hand and he gripped her palm tightly and helped her climb in.

Saad led her inside; the boat was filled with passengers and so they had to squeeze their way through the crowd. Inside there were many small green colored seats. All full. Raabia and Saad looked at each other. Raabia thought for a while and suggested they stand out. Saad looked over her head and noticed that it is overcrowded as well but still better. He looked at her and nodded. She smiled and turned around, Saad followed her. Both stood together and enjoyed the breeze. They weren't disappointed and loved watching the waves as the boat sped away to their destination.

'Amazing.' Raabia said leaning against the edge and feeling the breeze. She turned her head and smiled at Saad. Saad stood beside her and looked on smiling at her.

Looking at his smile, Raabia realized he is indeed handsome. But before she gets lost in admiring him, she looked away. Saad didn't look away from her. He admired the smile on her lips and observed her side-profile.

**********************************************

The hotel they checked-in is small yet cozy. They took the elevator to the third floor. Raabia led Saad towards the room, she kept glancing and the key card and then up at the door.

Room 310, their room. Raabia unlocked the door and entered dragging her luggage. Saad closely following her.

Once inside Saad fell on the bouncy queen-sized bed and sighed resting his palms on either side of him. As he pressed his palms, he felt them sink into the springy mattress.

'Haan, Papa. Just reached the hotel...yeah, it is cool.' Raabia spoke on her phone. With the phone squished between her ear and shoulder, she also unzipped her bag to fish out casuals for now. Saad untied his shoelace and watched her pacing while talking to her father. He noted she uses a lot of hand gestures. Saad found it cute.

After she cut the call and turned around he quickly pretended to look around.

'Won't you call home?' She asked watching him toss his shoes to a corner.

Saad stood up, - 'Nah! I will just text Zoya.'

Raabia watched him remove his coat and walk past her towards the wardrobe. Back home, she had noted Saad's barely spoke to anyone except for when someone spoke to him first. Especially, in his father's presence, he seemed very uneasy. She had wanted to ask him but didn't. She respects his privacy.

'So, what is the plan?' She asked watching him fishing out a vest and shorts from his luggage.

'For now, I am going to sleep and after that, by evening we can go for sightseeing.' He replied not looking at her.

Raabia pressed her lips together for a second before saying, - 'I want to go alone.'

Saad looked up at her.

'We aren't here for the actual honeymoon, just a holiday kinda-like so?' Raabia explained herself. Saad watched her moving her hands as she spoke; too much hand gestures.

He placed his clothes on his shoulder and replied, - 'as you wish.' with that he turned around and walked into the bathroom. Raabia nodded and sat at the edge of the bed.

Yeah, it is right, they aren't here on "real honeymoon." She told herself.

****************************************

Raabia didn't want to waste time in exploring the city. So, she quickly freshened up and changed into a black floral jumpsuit and mustard coat. She combed her hair and tied it in a bun on top of her head.

She wore a watch, a choker necklace, white sneakers. She applied lip balm and perfume. She adjusted the sling of her black handbag and turned around. Her gaze fell on Saad's sleeping figure and she shook her head. Taking out a small notepad from the top drawer of the dressing table, Raabia sat down and wrote a note. She walked up to his side of the bed and left a note for him under the black landline near his head. She left the key card next to it and tiptoed out of the room.

Once outside the Hotel, Raabia took out her mobile and clicked on the google maps. She smirked recollecting how last night, in the pretense of working she had shortlisted every sight she will visit and Saad was oblivious. She took a deep breath and adjusted the sling of her handbag and happily walked through the pavement towards her first destination.

************************************************

Saad opened his eyes and blinked several times to realize he is in Venice on his honeymoon. He groaned shifting to his back. He frowned realizing he slept through the evening and now it is night time. He sat up rubbing his eyes.

'Raabia. We overslept.' He mumbled groggily. After few seconds when he didn't get any response he opened his eyes and looked around.

'Raabia?' He called her name uncertainly.

He is greeted with silence. This made him panic little. With his heart beat increasing he called her name again; this time louder.

No response.

Saad jumped out from the bed and rushed towards the bathroom. He raised his hand to knock when his gaze fell to the doorknob and he saw that the door is slightly ajar.

Cautiously, he pushed the door. There is no one inside.

Saad hurried around the bed towards the bedside table to grab his phone. As he picked it up his gaze fell on a small yellow note. There is something written with a pink sketch pen. Saad picked it up.

Hey, Saad. I am going out to venture the city. Don't worry about me. I doubt you will but still don't.

I will back before nightfall

Raabia

Saad looked around searching fanatically for a clock. He picked up his phone and checked the time.

10pm.

Shit! 

*******************************************

Oh No, guys! I have a bad feeling about this. Where is Raabia? I hope she is fine *heartbeat increasing*

What are your thoughts on the Chapter, my lovelies? Drop your comments :)

Thanks so much for reading, guys *flying kisses* Please, guys don't forget to vote and comment *puppy dog eyes and cute pout*