67| The Rivals are in Love

Saad stood in front of her and she felt her breath getting stuck to her throat.

Gazing into her eyes Saad got down on one knee beside her, Raabia felt her heart skip a beat. Slowly, he took her hand in his, all the while staring into her eyes. Raabia felt her stomach somersaulting as she gazed into his grey eyes.

Wow! The intensity, the look, she felt blown away.

'There is something I need to tell you.' He began. Raabia liked the feel of his thumb caressing her knuckles, very soothing.

'I had started feeling this way a long time ago. But realized it only recently.' Saad confessed. Raabia looked on intently. He lowered his gaze and stared briefly at their hands before looking up into her eyes again. He smiled little. Raabia doesn't move a muscle. She keeps staring at him holding her breath.

'Raabia, I.' Saad looked visibly nervous. He fidgeted with her fingers darting his gaze all over the floor. Raabia doesn't interrupt him.

'We weren't exactly happy in the beginning of the marriage because of our past. But truth be told, I liked you when I saw you at the pub. I still remember the details of the night. I was excited when I came to know Mom has selected you for marriage but then when I came to know it's you, Raabia Kaif, then-', Saad smiled and Raabia smiled too albeit little.

'Slowly, I began to know you and understand you. Especially, after how you motivated me to take a stand against my father. Something I had never done all my life. It made me see you in a different light. And.' He paused hoping he could decipher Raabia's reaction with her expressions, but she maintained a straight face.

Saad sighed and looked away briefly before looking up at her again. He tugged her hand. Dazed, Raabia kept staring into his eyes as she stood up. Her hand still in his.

'Raabia. I-La-Lo-Lov-Love you.' He confessed and Raabia felt butterflies in her stomach. His grey eyes staring into hers with so much love and sincerity that she felt goose-bumps erupt on her skin. Raabia leaped and hugged him tightly. Her arms wrapped around his neck. She tiptoed as she hugged him.

'Oh, Saad!' Then she separated their frames and clenching his arms tightly she looked at him. The unshed tears in her eyes made him smile.

'I love you too.' She confessed, and Saad is relieved. Then happiness overtook him, and he smiled.

'Gosh!' she gushed looking away and then back at him. Raabia composed herself.

'Saad, I had been dying to tell you this. I love you. Just like you, even I liked you back in the pub. I was very happy when I came to know it was you who Dad chose for me. But then...Everything you went through, I felt the same.' She confessed.

Saad smiled, he knew she loved him, she had confessed that night when she was drunk. Yet he was nervous, he smiled at his stupidity.

He held her face and gazed into her eyes, Raabia looked back teary-eyed.

'I love you.' He leaned and kissed her forehead. Raabia smiled closing her eyes.

'I love you too.' She confessed staring into his eyes lovingly.

Saad tilted his head little, his lips advancing towards hers. Raabia closed her eyes and slightly parted her lips. Soon, their lips met, and they moved their lips slowly, kissing very gently. This kiss was unlike other kisses. Because it is after their confession.

Five minutes later they broke apart. Raabia felt shy and leaned resting her head on his chest. Saad closed his eyes feeling her soft arms wrap around his waist. Raabia smiled feeling his arms around her. They stayed in each other's arms for a very long time.