17| Blackmail and Fear

Emotional blackmail is one of Indian parent's biggest weapon. Raabia was the latest victim of that. She is numb as she sat in the beauty parlor getting ready for the big event in the evening. Her Engagement. Normally, it is a day for any girl to blush, feel excited and nervous but not for Raabia. She can't believe she is getting married to the man she despises. How will she be spending her whole life with the man whose face also she doesn't want to see.

'I am not going to marry that ras-man, Papa. Never.' Raabia slammed her palms on the table furiously.

'Why?' Her father was equally angry.

Raabia sighed rolling her eyes. Junaid also tried to make her understand but Raabia was being adamant. As she argued with Junaid they heard a thud, turning around they found Mr. Kaif had fallen clenching his chest tightly.

'It's an attack.' Junaid panicked falling to his knees beside withering Kaif. Raabia stood there frozen with her eyes wide open and mouth hanging open little.

Mr. Kaif refused to go to the hospital until Raabia agreed. In frantic state Raabia agreed, sobbed and hugged her father. After that Kaif had a miraculous recovery. But Raabia wasn't in a normal state of mind to realize.

She realized it only later when it was very late and things were finalized by then.

'Maam, blood red or velvet red?' Raabia's reverie is broken by woman's heavy American accent whispering close to her ear. Raabia shook her head and looked at the two shades of lipsticks the woman held. Raabia looked cluelessly at it. She isn't used to all this. She simply shrugged.

Raabia stared at her reflection as the two young women worked on her. One did her make-up and one did her hair. Raabia sighed.

*****************************************************

Fear of a strict parent, in Saad's case, his father's wrath brought him in one of New York's popular boutique to look for the suit he will be wearing for his engagement tonight. Normally, any guy would be happy and excited for the big day but not Saad. According to him, he is getting married to a witch. How can he be happy then?

To Saad's bad luck his father's sister's in-law knew Mr. Kaif and they filled in only the good stuff about the family. Mr. Alam got convinced this is the only perfect alliance in the whole universe. It didn't matter that Saad loathes the girl and the girl is a total snob, tomboy, rowdy, and basically she is a witch. He had to agree because he fears his father and his anger.

His mother was helpless too, because when Mr. Alam says something no one dares counters him or questions him. His word is the last word.

Saad sighed checking out the navy-blue suit. His friends tagged along but they are a waste. Instead of consoling him they are enjoying his pathetic condition, a**h***s friends- Saad thought bitterly.

Saad's parents have flown to the US for the private engagement ceremony. They will have the engagement here in New York where only a few special people will attend the ceremony. For Raabia it will be her father, few of her colleague especially Sebastian and his girlfriend. For Saad, it will be his parents and his Bua and her family from California and his friends- Omar, Dhruv, and Sandeep.

'Aww, My Bacha. Hope no one's evil eye falls on you.'

'Mom!'

Saad felt irritated as his mother kept hovering around him and gushing how handsome her bacha is looking. He tried ignoring her as he adjusted his blue Tie.

Mrs. Alam helped him wear his coat and smiled admiring him in the mirror. Saad noticed tears glistening in her eyes and smiled involuntarily.

Zoya pitched in next and complimented her brother. She tiptoed and placed a small rose in his coat's chest pocket.

Saad smiled at his sister and kissed her forehead. She hugged her brother tightly.

'Hey, Zoya don't touch your brother it will cause creases in his suit.' Mrs. Alam scolded her daughter.

'Mom.' Both brother and sister said in unison. They smiled at each other. Saad then placed his arm around his mother and pulled her closer. Zoya and Saad encouraged their mother to smile. Saad held both his special ladies in his arms as they laughed carefreely.

*******************************************

Mr. Kaif paced worriedly in their apartment. He is dressed for the event and now waits for his daughter to come out from the room. Few more minutes of pacing finally the door opened and Raabia stepped out.

Mr. Kaif stopped pacing and admired his daughter. He felt emotional realizing his daughter has grown up from the little princess she once was. Also, he felt proud. Mrs. Junaid and Raabia had been sent in one of the Indian boutiques to finalize the dress. And they brought this Burgundy Gharara which had light golden work. It isn't heavy, something Raabia had insisted on. Though Mrs. Junaid wasn't in favor of it but keeping Raabia's choice in mind she agreed.

Raabia stood in front of her father, looking at him.

Slowly, Mr. Kaif took a step closer to her, he held her face in his palms and admired her.

'You are looking so beautiful, my baby.' He kissed her forehead. Raabia moved her hand and wiped his tears and shook her head silently asking him to not cry.

'You go ahead with Aunty, I will fix my face and come.' Mr. Kaif said avoiding his gaze. Raabia knew he needed some time alone to himself and so didn't probe him. She hugged her father. Kaif fought hard to control his tears. But after Raabia had left, he hurried to the washroom and cried a little.

*****************************************************

Guys, I am so damn excited as our cat and mouse leads are getting engaged *sunglasses emoji* and 

Excited guys *Dhinka chika Dance* *Shaking bum dance*

Precap: Saad looked around and on finding everyone distracted he shifted little towards Raabia. Feeling their arm brush Raabia turned her head to look at him shocked. 

'I thought I would get married to someone who will be gorgeous and will be madly in love with me. Take care of me and my family. But,'- he looked at her with disgust-, 'looks like I will die as a virgin.' Saad whispered crossly.

Saad dude, are you sure you will *winks* *smirks*

How was the chapter, guys? Enjoyed it? Drop in your thoughts on the Chapter and also the precap *winks* 

Thanks so much for reading, guys *muah* *muah* Your comments and your votes means a lot to me so please encourage me, shower your love and support and don't forget to vote and comment before you leave :* :*