62| The Father and Son

Raabia came out of the bathroom when she saw Saad enter. He fumed loosening his tie and didn't see her. He flung his bag on the bed and sat at the edge of the bed with his head in his palms. Raabia heard him mumbling furiously under his breath.

'All right?' She asked as she wiped her hands with the hand towel. Saad looked up from his palms and stood up.

'What the hell is that man doing in my house?' He charged towards Raabia and she flinched back for a second. She composed and frowned.

'First of all-', She folded her arms, - 'This is my house and secondly-', Her demeanor relaxed, - 'I didn't know they were coming. It was a surprise.' She explained.

'First of all-', Saad began in the same tone as Raabia, - 'It is my house too as I pay equal rent and secondly, why didn't you call or text me.' He narrowed his eyes at her. Raabia's mouth dropped open.

The two then argued for some time before realizing how stupid the whole thing is. Both sighed and dropped on the bed.

Raabia watched Saad massaging his forehead with his fingers. Cautiously, she placed her palm on his shoulder, he stood up, - 'I am going to freshen up.' He announced not looking at her. Raabia nodded and watched him walk towards the wardrobe. He fished out his casuals and towel. He doesn't look at her and walked into the bathroom. Raabia bit her lower-lip looking away, she had wanted talk about the incident in the morning but felt very hesitant. It's obvious, Saad must be knowing about his father's nature. Now, things are clear to her. This is why Saad doesn't share good relations with Mr. Alam.

***********************************

At the dining table, Saad had a hard time controlling his anger as his father taunted him. Already his boss had made him feel worthless and now at home, his father. Like always, this time again Saad looked for a place to run away but he didn't know where to disappear to escape all this. Raabia kept glancing at Saad, Mrs. Alam kept shifting uncomfortably. She felt helpless, she had wanted to interrupt her husband but didn't dare.

'You can't work for longer than 9. When I was your age I used to spend whole night working. No wonder I managed to make such a huge empire. You are useless. Good you opted not to-', Mr. Alam stopped speaking as Saad stood up angrily, his chair screeched startling everyone.

'I am not hungry.' Saad avoided everyone's gaze as he spoke. He then pushed his plate front and stormed out. Mrs. Alam called him but he had gone into the room and slammed the door behind him. Raabia placed her palm over Mrs. Alam's palm and when she looked at her, Raabia blinked slowly at her.

'****' Saad kicked the bed with all his might and winced hitting his pinky toe.

'Damn!' He cursed again and sat. He sighed and fell back; with his back pressed against the bed, his arms open he stared up at the ceiling. His breathing uneven.

There is a knock at the door.

'Get lost.' He called not moving his gaze from the ceiling fan. He sighed when the person opened the door and entered.

'This is my room as well.' He closed his eyes hearing Raabia's monotonous voice. He sighed not replying to her, he doesn't have the strength to argue with her.

He doesn't shift when he felt her weight beside him, he moved his arm but kept staring at the ceiling.

'Here have your food.' Raabia spoke softly. She looked at him, he looked at her surprised. He sat up and stared at her and then at the plate.

'Don't be shocked, Ma has sent this for you.' Raabia raised her eyebrow. Saad looked at her and she smiled back at him. Saad smiled little as he took the plate from her. To be honest, he was terribly hungry. Raabia smiled watching him eat like a hungry kid. She clasped her palms tightly and leaned, looking at him closely.

***********************************

Mrs. Alam paced in the living room, she kept fidgeting with the hem of her dupatta. She looked worriedly as Raabia came out of the room. Raabia smiled and showed her the empty plate. Mrs. Alam is relieved. Raabia smiled seeing the contentment on the mother's face. Once again, she felt jealous of Saad for having a mother. No one can replace a mother- Raabia thought sadly.

She had tears in her eyes as she placed the dirty plate in the sink.

********************************

Awww, Raabia *sad smile* And Mr. Alam, dude you are asking to be punched *roll eyes* What do you, guys think about him? Drop in your thoughts *smiles*

 Alam, dude you are asking to be punched *roll eyes* What do you, guys think about him? Drop in your thoughts *smiles*

And....