5| Glimpse into life of Saad Alam

After Raabia's car had left, the man made his way back into the pub. He looked around for his three friends and found them at the bar. They looked drunk AF. He walked up to them. One of his friends looked up at him and grinned silly.

'Hey, Saad my man!' He called out. Saad smiled and walked towards them. They began teasing him.

Saad had been with his friends drinking happily when he noticed a curly haired girl. As his gaze fell on her and he felt something different. A sense of familiarity. Looking at her hair he recollected someone very unpleasant. He was about to avert his gaze when he found few men harassing her and he couldn't stop himself from helping her.

'Man, you didn't go with her?' one of his friends, Dhruv said nudging his arm. Saad shook his head and asked the bartender to refill his drink.

'Saad, you are an idiot. Tonight, was the perfect chance to get laid.' Another friend, Omar, winked at him.

'Yes, yes.' The third friend, Sandeep nodded in agreement.

'Shut up, guys.' Saad said sternly. But his friends didn't take him seriously, they began laughing at his face. Saad frowned and ignoring his friends he continued to drink.

**********************************************************

The cab halted in front of a building and Saad climbed down. He waved his drunk friends good-bye and stumbled towards the gate.

It took him fifteen minutes to unlock his apartment and enter.

Dropping the keys on the ashtray on the side table beside the main door he stumbled into the living room and slumped on the sofa. He unbuttoned three buttons of his Tee and removed his shoes. He fell against the green sofa and snuggling it he fell asleep.

It has been three years since Saad shifted to the US. Working as Marketing head in a leading MNC in India, Saad was bored to death. After engineering, he had decided to take a break from monotonous IT job and completed his MBA but that was also boring. The only plus point for him was that he worked in Indore away from his family in Mumbai.

************************************************

BEEP, BEEP

Saad woke up hearing his phone's loud rings. He winced feeling the throbbing pain in his head. The damn hangover- he cursed.

He sat up straight on the sofa and rubbed his face with his palm. He sighed and blinked few times before picking up his phone. He smiled on seeing his sister, Zoya's message.

Zoya: Bhaiya! Please call us via Skype. It has been very long *sad face* *crying face*

Saad smiled typing a yes.

His sister has always been being a big dramebaaz especially when she needs something done. Nevertheless, Saad loves his younger sister.

There is another message. He groaned on seeing a message from his boss asking him, very rudely, to be ready with the presentation.

Saad sighed exasperatedly. Then he stood up and walked towards the open kitchen. He made a lemonade and leaning against the kitchen slab he silently sipped the lemonade.

As he showered, Saad felt excited to talk to his mother and sister. They are the only people he misses here in the foreign land. His smile disappeared when he recollected his father's stern face. Pushing away the face, he got ready for work. Now, he will have to face his Boss. Saad cringed. 

**********************************************

Oooooo! We got the glimpse into the life of our hero, Saad. Liked him? 

As the story progresses we will get to know more about him

As the story progresses we will get to know more about him. Excited?

So, guys? How was the Chapter? Drop in your thoughts :*

Thanks so much for reading, guys :* please don't forget to vote and comment before you leave :* :* :*