72| Pacifying the Darling Husband

Saad slapped her cheeks and kept calling her name, but she wasn't responding. Hearing his cries, Raabia peeked through one eye, she smiled watching him close to tears. He is apologizing and begging her to wake up. Crying he looked down and he froze. Raabia sat up covering her mouth and giggled. Saad gaped at her and his expressions became stern. He got up and Raabia stopped laughing instantly.

'What the hell, Raabia. You scared the shit out of me.' He scolded her. Also, he wiped his running nose with the back of his palm. Raabia stood up.

'It was a joke.' She reasoned.

'Whatever, it was not cool.' Saad said angrily. Raabia didn't realize he will get so serious. She felt guilty.

'I thought something happened to you. I thought I lost you, Damn it!' He scolded her further. Raabia's heart skipped a beat as he confessed his fear of losing her.

Saad exhaled loudly and looked at her, - 'I don't know about you, but I was serious when I said that I love you. I love you very much and when I thought you had...playing with my feelings wasn't cool. Raabia.' He said, his voice dropping. Raabia guiltier. Saad shook his head and looked away. Raabia bit her lower lip. Saad began walking away and she called after him. But he doesn't respond and keeps walking. Raabia slapped her forehead and cursed herself.

She kept tagging along trying to talk to him, but Saad kept ignoring her and walking ahead.

************************************

'Here!' She got two paper cups of black coffee and forwarded one to Saad. He looked at the cup briefly and then at Raabia. She smiled at him. Saad kept a frown on his face. Though he needed some warmth, he was really upset with Raabia fooling around with him. He slapped her hand away. Raabia gasped as the cup fell from her hand and the contents spilled on the snow.

Saad looked at her with his chin raised. Raabia shrugged and dropped her cup as well.

'What the hell!' Saad's mouth dropped open. Raabia smiled.

'If my dear husband isn't having coffee, I won't have to.' She said coolly. Saad shook his head and pointed out that all this will not melt him. He turned around and began walking again. Raabia exhaled loudly and began following him.

The rest of the time, Saad troubled Raabia. She kept trying to pacify him, but he was being adamant. Raabia was losing her patience but she knew she was at fault and must tolerate his tantrums.

************************************

Later that night, Saad sat by the fireplace and glared at the raging flames. He is still upset but slightly better because Raabia is guilty.

His trance is broken when there is a door-bell. He called for Raabia, but she is in the bathroom in the last one hour. Saad sighed and got up.

'Yes?' He asked the butler who stood carrying a tray filled with rose petals, the bucket of ice-cubes, two wine glasses, and one wine bottle.

'We haven't ordered this?' Saad doesn't recollect ordering all this.

'Uh-Madam Raabia Kaif has ordered.' Butler sounded little confused. Saad blinked at the man. Raabia doesn't drink then why has she ordered wine- Saad wondered. Nevertheless, he takes the tray from the butler.

As Saad places the tray on the table in front of the fireplace there is another bell. Saad scratched his head and walked to the door.

'Yes?' He greeted a short young butler.