40| Surprise for Hubby

'So, how was office?' Saad asked excitedly as the two exited his cabin. Raabia smiled deciding to play with him.

'Yeah-,' She pretended to think, - 'Okay types.' She shrugged.

Raabia's smile widened noticing Saad's excitement drop and his smile fade. She chuckled placing her palm over her mouth.

'Just kidding, it is amazing.' She confessed.

'Really?' Saad asked, his eyes wide.

Raabia found him very adorable at this point. She nodded her head. Saad exhaled caressing his chest. She smiled looking away.

As they walked towards the main exit, they met a middle-aged Tall American man in a grey suit.

Raabia realized his greying hair and the French beard does make him look classy and apart from that unlike most people his age, this man looked fit. He adjusted thick black rectangular glasses and eyed Raabia. She smiled awkwardly at him.

'Good morning, sir. She is Raabia, my wife.' Saad introduced them.

Raabia felt her heartbeat return to normal when the man's stern face broke into a smile.

'And Raabia, he is my boss.'

'Nice to meet you, Raabia.' Boss greeted extending his hand. Raabia shook hands with him. He then looked at Saad, - 'At least this is one good thing you did in your life, Mr. Alam. Marrying this lovely woman.' He kissed the back of her palm.

Saad made a face while Raabia inwardly chuckled. She is fully aware that in his head he must be calling his boss names.

After the boss had left, Saad suggested that he dropped her till the car but Raabia politely refused.

'Thanks for showing me around.' She said. Saad nodded. There was little awkwardness in their good-bye but Raabia left from there with a broad smile on her lips; to smile too much in one day is so unlike her.

**********************************************

Later, Raabia found herself staring into oblivion and smiling foolishly inside her cozy cubicle. She kept replaying everything that happened since the time she had first met Saad. When he had saved her from the goons. She didn't know it was Saad Alam from college. She liked him back then, she admits it.

Then in Venice, his panic-stricken face screamed at her about his care for her. And last night, his company supported her, calmed her. Then today at his office, he made her feel so special. What is this she has begun feeling for him. Is she going too fast? Raabia doesn't know nor did she care.

'Hello! What a rare sight.' A booming masculine voice broke her reverie. Raabia straightened in her chair, she looked clearly lost. She looked up and found Sebastian standing behind her cubicle. His weight resting on one arm that he had placed on top of her cubicle.

'What?' Raabia pretended to not understand. She fidgeted with her pen feeling his gaze on her. She looked up and felt annoyed on seeing the smirk on his face.

'Someone is in love.' Sebastian hummed in a tune that irritated her. Though secretly, she liked him teasing her.

'Shut up.' She threw a file at him. He got it with both his hands and saved himself from face injury.

'What else should I make out of this. Grumpy old grandma smiling so much today.' Sebastian commented and when Raabia looked sternly at him, he added- 'Admit it, darling, you were grumpier than grumpy from snow white. And now you are smiling. Wow!'

Raabia rolled her eyes and pretended to work, her fingers simply hovered over the keyboard. Unknowing she smiled again and Sebastian began teasing her; again. He stopped only when the boss arrived and scolded him off. Raabia smirked happily.

After the boss had gone, she typed a message to him, - 'Serves you right Hahahahaha.'

Sebastian: We will meet for lunch I will continue then *wink*

Raabia sighed. Smiling, she placed her mobile back on the table. Then she tried to work. Initially, she had troubles concentrating but soon got into her "work zone"

*****************************************

Raabia parked her car in the parking lot and got down. She glanced at her wristwatch, it is 8, she is a little late.

As she climbed the stairs to her apartment she wondered if Saad has returned. She rang the door-bell and opened the door after the third try. She placed the car keys and the spare key on the ashtray next to the door and walked in. She is slightly disappointed upon not finding Saad. He usually returns late but Raabia doesn't know why she was being hopeful.

Anyways, she has planned to make a special dinner, perhaps he will like it. It will also be her way of thanking him. He had been a good husband and now it is her turn to be a good wife.

Raabia quickly freshened up and changed into simple and long grey nightshirt along with white shorts. She entered the kitchen and looked around wondering what to make. She then realized she doesn't even know what is her husband's favorite dish. She contemplated asking Saad but then that would give away the surprise. Raabia sighed holding her head in her hand.

After a while of wasting time rummaging through the food supplies in the kitchen, she decided to call home. Zoya, yes, she will have an answer. 

****************************************************

Oh, Wow! What a surprise Raabia has planned for her Hubby darling. What you guys think, will Saad like the surprise *_*? 

Drop your thoughts on the chapter in the comments *_*

Rank #12, Wowie *hearts* *hearts* Thank you all so, so, so much for reading and encouraging me with your votes and comments *flying kisses*