12| First Meeting

Next day, Raabia cursed herself as she hurried through the corridors of the department, that looked more like a maze.

As she rushed through the corridor she brushed against someone and didn't notice their feet stuck out.

THUD! Raabia fell.

All the books spilled from her hands as she stuck out her arms to stop her fall with her palms. Her hair fell all over her face. She heard people laughing. She sat up and angrily brushed her hair from her face. There are a group of young boys chuckling at her. One of the boys had a funny smirk on his face and Raabia knew he is the one who had tripped her. She stood up and without thinking slapped the guy hard.

Everyone gasped and then there is silence. The deadly silence punctured by Raabia's fuming breath and the guys' calm breath. Noticing his nostrils flare Raabia knew he is angry.

'Hey, is everything alright?' A guy with gray eyes interrupted the silence.

Raabia shifted her gaze momentarily from the boy she had slapped to the gray-eyed one and then back again.

'Idiot.' She muttered glaring at the boy. She then turned around. As she sat on the floor and collected her books she felt his burning gaze on her. Raabia ignored it and picked up the books. She stood and glared at the boy who still held his burning cheek. Raabia held her chin high and walked away haughtily.

***************************************************

Finally, Raabia found the classroom and sat on the first bench. She looked around, there are many students chattering amongst each other. Raabia had been to all-girls school and so she found both the genders mingling together little odd.

She recollected her father's words – Stay away from boys. Talk to them only when it is necessary. You are going there to study and nothing else, so focus on that. Some boys might try to hurt you, pull you down but you don't waver, my child. Always remember your father's blessings are always with you.

Reminiscing her father's words Raabia felt little emotional. She wiped her tears and smiled sadly.

Her smile disappeared on seeing the same boy and the gray-eyed boy from the corridor enter the classroom. As he passed her he looked menacingly at her. Raabia smiled seeing the red mark and her fingerprints still on his cheek.

Serves him right- Raabia's smile widened.

Soon a middle-aged Professor with thick-rimmed glasses entered the class and everyone quietened. Raabia looked on excitedly.

*********************************************************

Raabia didn't realize how the first day or one week of her new college flew by. With each passing day, Raabia and Meera gelled up more and got to know each other better. Raabia also got to know about her classmates. She came to know about the gray-eyed guy. He is Syed Saad Alam, son of Mr. Feroz Alam one of Mumbai richest businessman; and he is probably spoilt brat, Raabia assumed. And so, Raabia avoided him and he too didn't cross her path but they always threw glares at each other.

Raabia has no personal enmity against the boy, it is just his face that annoys her the most.

Everyone stood up welcoming the Professor Dixit. Their class Professor. He placed the books on the table and straightened adjusting his specs on his nose. He clasped his palms tightly and looked at the class brightly.

'Time to announce the Class Rep. Very important position.' He said. Raabia shifted in her seat excitedly.

'The post will be given to the one with highest marks in their entrance exams.' The professor announced and Raabia couldn't be happier. She is confident it will be her.

Just as the Professor announced this the entire Boy's side burst out with loud cheers and screams of "Saad" "Saad."

The Professor waved his hand to calm everyone down when the loud cheers died down Professor Dixit asked Saad to stand. Raabia fidgeted with her pencil angrily.

'So, Mr. Alam what is your percentage?' Dixit asked

'94.9% Sir.' Saad replied confidently. Professor Dixit looked impressed. Raabia turned her head and their gaze met. Saad smirked at her.

Dixit nodded his head and opened his mouth to announce when Raabia stood up abruptly.

'97%, Sir.'

Raabia watched Saad's smirk fade away and she smirked instead.

'Woah!' Dixit exclaimed.

Raabia noticed Saad clench his jaw tightly as he glared at her. She smiled brightly at him as Dixit announced her to be the class Rep. Saad slammed the desk which goes unheard because of loud cheers and clapping. He watched angrily as Raabia walked towards the Professor and he handed her the batch. She smiled looking at it and then at Saad. He kept glaring at her.

'**** that girl.' Omar whispered angrily into Saad's ear. He clenched his pen tightly and glared at Raabia, she now sat in her seat and had her back to him. As Saad punctured the notebook, he wished it was her face.

****************************************************

Oooooo, Saad, man, burns....apply some burnoil *sunglasses emoji* 

Raabia: 1 and Saad: 0. 

GO Girl Power

GO Girl Power.

Guys, it will be interesting to see how Saad will retaliate, now he is a wounded Lion. Uh-Oh! Oh my Gosh! I am so excited *dances shaking booty* and also nervous *bites nails*

What are your thoughts on the Chapter, guys? Drop them in the comments...

And Thanks so much for reading my lovelies :* :* Please, please don't forget to vote and comment before you leave *flying kisses*