Chapter 15

Carina watched in pure amusement as Harry and Ron 'predict their future' with the planets for the past hour. She laughed at a couple of their 'predictions' like Harry's prediction with him getting stabbed at the back by a friend because it was Mercury, or Ron drowning because it was Venus – or was it Saturn? Carina tried to tease the boys by using the end of her quill to tickle them at the ear.

"Knock it off, Carina!" Ron swatted the feather away from his ear.

"Don't you think you're predictions would cause your grades?" Carina raised a brow, "I mean seriously – Harry, who of your friends would even backstab you – and Ron, you'll drown... twice?"

"Why don't you do it then?" Harry asked, pushing his work towards Carina.

"No! I have my own work to do!" Carina said.

"Where?" Harry asked.

"With Nott – we got paired at our Ancient Runes project – he's starting his part and by the end of the week, I'll be doing mine." Carina said the last part in a blur. "But back to the point, don't you think this is all obviously made up?"

"How dare you!" Ron said, "We worked hard for this!"

"Oh yes." Carina took Harry's paper. "Because Harry just predicted his death – in two weeks – by decapitation... If I don't see you decapitated, Potter, I would do it myself."

Harry gulped and took his paper from Carina. Carina then turned to Ron – who also gulped at Carina's threat to Harry (though it was an empty threat, they wouldn't risk it).

"Do you want to drown in the Black Lake? Twice?" Carina asked Ron.

Hermione entered the common room with a box in her hands. Once she settled the box on the table, Harry and Ron took the liberty to open it and see what was inside. Inside were colorful badges with the words SPEW.

"Spew?" Harry asked

"It's S-P-E-W! It stands for Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare." Hermione told him.

"Never heard of it." Ron said.

"Of course you haven't – I just started it." Hermione said.

"And how many has joined SPEW?" Carina raised a brow.

"Well if you three would join – and Roman – five."

"And you think we'd walk around with a badge that had Spew written on it?!" said Ron.

"It's S-P-E-W! I've been searching in the library about Elves and it's been going on for centuries and no one's been doing anything about it!" Hermione explained.

"Until you, Hermione." Carina muttered under her breath, making sure that no one heard, but Harry did and he stifled a chuckle.

"Open your ears, Hermione." Ron said, "They. Like. It. They like being enslaved."

"I wouldn't even call in enslavement if they like what they're doing." Carina shrugged. "Or if that's their purpose for living."

"Our short term goals are – "

tap... tap... tap...

At the window, a snow-owl tapped on the glass with a piece of parchment rolled to its foot. Harry and Carina went to get the owl. Both of them grinned at the sight of Hedwig.

"It's him! He replied." Carina smiled.

"What did he say?" Hermione asked.

Harry,