Chapter 31

"I can't believe that – that cow is our Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher!"

Carina slammed her things on the table; she sat down, had her arms on her bags and rested her chin on her arms. Theodore and Roman sighed and sat down – Roman beside her and Theodore across from them.

"I can't believe that you got detention on the first day – you and Potter." Theodore smirked.

"Normally, I would tell you off for landing your arse in detention, but this time... so I'm not going to –

"Nag?" Theodore teasingly suggested.

Roman gave him a look. "But it's really dangerous that you got detention with Umbridge."

"What's the worse the woman can do anyway?" Carina asked, "Make us do lines?"

"Probably." Theodore said.

"Carina!"

From behind, Angelina to the table that Carina sat with Roman and Theodore. Carina turned to face the older girl and grinned.

"Hi, Angelina!"

"Listen, we've got an open slot for Keeper this year – are you in?" Angelina asked.

"Keeper?" Carina asked, "I thought there's a slot for Chaser too?"

"Sorry, but one of our Chasers changed their mind about leaving the team – so are you in?" Angelina asked with hopeful look.

Carina gazed to the Gryffindor table and saw Ron with Harry and Hermione. She sighed and turned back to Angelina.

"We'll see – when's the try-outs again?." Carina said.

"Friday. Don't forget your broom!" Angelina said.

"Angelina... I don't know if I could make it..."

"Why?" Angelina asked.

"I've got... detention with Umbridge."

"What?" Angelina groaned.

"But I'll see if I can attend!"

"Okay... bye, Carina."

Angelina left with a glum look. Once Angelina was gone, Theodore spoke.

"So, you still trying out?"

Carina turned to him with a raised brow.

"I don't know..." she sighed, "Ron's trying out for that position..."

"So what?" Theodore raised a brow.

"He's my friend... I can't do that." Carina said.

"Not like Weasley has a chance – just cut Johnson the slack and try out." Theodore shrugged.

"Why does it sound like you want Gryffindor to win this Quidditch season?" Roman asked.

"I don't – just want to save Weasley the embarrassment – oh wait... on second thought, please don't try-out for the Keeper position." Theodore smirked.

Carina flicked Theodore at the forehead.

"Oi!" Theodore glared at her.

Carina smirked at him then opened her Ancient Runes book.

"What're you doing, Rina?" Roman asked.

"Ancient Runes assignment that Professor Babbling gave us." She eyed Theodore.