Chapter 64

The news of Ron almost dying by poison and was saved by Harry by shoving Bezoar down Ron's throat reached almost everyone in Hogwarts. Carina, Hermione, Ginny and Roman immediately went to the Hospital Wing where Ron was lying in bed with Harry sitting beside him to look after him.

"When we hear what happened, we came as soon as we could." Roman said. "How... how did this happen?"

Harry simply sighed and told the whole story from the love-potion-chocolates of Romilda Vane to him asking Slughorn for help, then to Ron being poisoned.

"We didn't expect to be giving his gift like this." Carina said as she held the wrapped present in her hand that she and Roman worked on just for Ron.

Dumbledore, McGonagall, Snape, Slughorn and Madam Pomphrey to discuss about Ron's case later joined them.

"Quick thinking on your part, Harry." Dumbledore said, "Using a Bezoar. You must be very proud of your students, eh, Horace?"

"Hm?" Slughorn said, "Oh... yes... very proud."

"I think we all agree that Mr. Potter's actions were heroic. The question is: why were they necessary." McGonagall said.

"Why indeed." Dumbledore said. "This appears to be a gift, Horace. You don't by change remember who gave you this bottle, do you" Dumbledore took the bottle from Slughorn's hands and sniffed the rim of the bottle "– which by the way possesses remarkably subtle hint of licorace and cherry when not polluted with poison."

"Actually I had inteded to give it as a gift myself." Slughorn said.

"To whom might I ask?" Dumbledore asked.

"To you, Headmaster." Slughorn said shamefully.

Just then the doors burst open and came in Lavender Brown. The girl had pushed Carina aside to get to the foot of Ron's bed. Carina had stumbled into Roman where they glared at the – as they put it – annoying Gryffindor girl.

"Where is he? Where's my Won-Won!" Lavender asked

"He's right there, are you blind?" Carina remarked, which gained a tut from McGonagall.

"Has he been asking or me?" Lavender then stopped when she saw Hermione at Ron's bedside. "What's she doing here?"

"I might ask you the same." Hermioen said.

"I happen to be his girlfriend." Lavender said.

"I happen to be his... friend." Hermione stuttered.

"Don't make me laugh. You haven't spoken in weeks, I suppose you want to make up with him now that he's suddenly all interesting."

Carina and Roman watched back and forth betweent Hermione and Lavender. Their eyebrows raised at the two girls as they fought.

"He's been poisoned, you daft dimbo! And for the record, I've always found him interesting." Hermione said.

Ron suddenly snorted and stirred in bed catching the attention of all of the people in the room.

"Ha!" Lavender said, "See, he senses my presence."

Carina made a gesture of vomiting with Lavender's statement, which made Roman snicker, but the two stopped when McGonagall sent Carina and her dear great-nephew a warning look. Roman nudged Carina to stop, but they simply hid their smiles behind their hand and continued to watch the scene unfold before them.

"I'm here, Won-Won. I'm here –"

Ron started to speak...

"Er... My... Nee... Er... My... Nee..." Ron muttered in his sleep.