Chapter 76

"No. Absolutely not."

Roman had tried reasoning with Neville and the DA about letting Theodore in their little refuge camp, but the moment he even mentioned Theodore's name, the whole DA disagreed with his proposal.

"It's a risk." Ginny said. "He's a Death Eater."

"Aye," Seamus agreed. "He'll rat us out – he'll get us all in trouble."

"I'm sorry, Rome, but it's too risky." Neville said.

"I understand that you don't trust him." Roman said, "But I do... he's my friend, and I trust him with my life... and I'm part of the DA... and I thought the DA means doing something."

Seamus, Dean, Ginny and Neville sighed.

"But not this, mate." Dean said. "He's a Slytherin –"

"I'M A SLYTHERIN!" Roman roared. "But you trust me anyway –"

"It's different!" Ginny said, "You're our friend –"

"Well he's mine!" Roman countered.

"He's a Death Eater, Roman." Neville said.

"Why do you even want Nott to go here anyway?" Seamus asked.

Roman sat down on the hammock that the DA gave him. He's been camping out with them ever since he got out of the Hospital Wing. He sighed.

"We know where Carina is." Roman said.

"Carina?" Ginny gasped.

"Carina? I thought she was with Harry." Seamus said.

"No, you idiot." Ginny told Seamus.

"She was captured by Dolohov." Roman said.

"Where?" Neville asked.

"Malfoy's Manor." Roman answered. "Theodore told me. Theodore knows that Manor. And he's got a plan on getting her out... and we'll need your help."

There was silence in the group. Seeing that the four were now in deep thought, in a probability of letting Theodore in the room, he took the opportunity to drop a heavy bomb of getting them to say yes.

"Carina is our friend. She's part of the DA... and we look after each other, right?" Roman said.

"Roman's right." Ginny spoke, "Carina's our friend. We have to save her."

"But how?" Seamus asked. "We let Nott in, who knows what he'll do next – he might tell the Carrows where we are!"

"He won't do that." Roman said, "I've known Theodore long enough – seven years to be exact – to know that he won't do that... you may think that Slytherin is a bad House – a House of Death Eaters, pureblood fanatics, but it's not... there are Slytherins that are good... I can't give you all the names, but all you should know is that I am one of those few and Theodore is too..."

"Then why'd he take the Dark Mark then?" Dean asked. "Why's he carrying the Dark Mark? Why's he a Death Eater?"

"It's not my right to say... but he is good... and he is the only one who can help Carina."

Neville, Seamus, Ginny and Dean turned to each other. All still unsure, but Roman could see that there was reluctance.

"What is it that you want to make you trust him?" Roman asked.

"I want to punch his face." Seamus said.

A chuckle came from Neville, Dean and Ginny, Roman smirked and nodded.