Chapter 49

"Impedimenta!"

The Death Eater was then blasted back.

"Ha ha! Good one, Carina!" Sirius laughed.

Carina watched as Sirius battled Bellatrix Lestrange, his face showed excitement and pure determination of defeating his cousin. It was the look that Carina missed seeing when he was imprisoned in Twelve Grimmauld Place.

"AVADA KEDAVRA!"

The green light came from Bellatrix Lestrange's wand and it had hit Sirius right at the chest. Carina watched in pure horror as he father turned to her then his body fell into the Veil.

"Carina!"

Carina!

Carina!

Carina shot up awake.

She looked around and saw Maisie hovering over her with a concerned look on her face. Carina sat up, she was about to ask Maisie what she was doing in her room, but then she remembered. She looked around expecting to her Muggle band posters and other wallpapers, but instead she saw walls painted with a beautiful evening sky with the stars and constellations. She wasn't at the Goldstein's. She was at the hill.

She was in her old nursery.

"Are you okay?" Maisie asked.

"Yes..." Carina nodded.

"Do you want me to call Mum and Dad?" Maisie asked.

"No..."

"How about Lupin?"

"No, I'm fine Maisie... just get some rest." Carina said.

Carina got out from her bed, she grabbed her robe from the chair where she placed it before going to sleep and then the photo that she kept beside her bed.

"Where's are you going?" Maisie asked.

"Go back to sleep. I'll just get some air." Carina said.

She reached for the door of her old nursery, and left the room. Maisie called for her again, but Carina had closed the door after her. She crept out of the house, her feet stepping into the cold grassy ground. She didn't hesitate on walking further in to the cold grass. Carina walked towards the familiar path to the huge ancient tree beside her parents' house. Carina crouched down before the tombstone, she traced her fingers on the smooth stone then over the name of her mother, then to the newly carved name of her father.

Emmanuelle Black
25 april 1960 – 1november 1981

Sirius Black
3 November 1960 – 18 june 1996

Carina sat down before the tombstone and just stared at the names of her mother and father. At least they were together now, Carina thought. Carina made herself comfortable before her parents' tomb and thus started the sleepless nights.

•†•

Weeks have passed since Carina was found outside by her parents' tombstone by Lupin. After her little night walk, Carina and the Goldsteins went back home to the Goldstein house. They thought that bringing Carina to the Hill where she be with her mother and place Sirius's name beside his wife's might be good coping for Carina, but after that 'little stunt' as Lupin called it, they immediately went home. After a few nights back in the Goldstein house, Carina's condition worsened as she would often be heard crying at night from nightmares (Maisie moved up to Carina's room to comfort her and had been sleeping beside Carina since her last nightmare); Carina often just stayed awake after she accidentally pushed Maisie off the bed, and she had lost her appetite as well.