Chapter 51

Harry's birthday came and the Weasleys held a small party for him, but it was still a gloomy birthday. Lupin, who came to the party, looked gaunt and grim, his brown hair streaked with gray hair, and his clothes looked more ragged and were patched even.

"What happened?" Carina asked in worry.

"A couple of dementor attacks." Lupin said. "And they've found Igor Karkaroff in a shack up north. The Dark Mark had been set over it – well, frankly, I'm surprised he stayed alive for even a year after deserting the Death Eaters; you're uncle, Regulus, only managed a few days as far as I can remember."

The day after Harry's birthday though, their letters and booklists arrived from Hogwarts. Harry's and Roman's included a surprise because with the letter was a note that he made Quidditch Captain. ("That gives you equal status with prefects!" Hermione said happily). They planned on going to Diagon Alley to get their things at Saturday since Mrs. Weasley didn't want to leave the house without Mr. Weasley.

When Saturday dawned, Bill passed a full moneybag across the table to Harry and Carina. And later that day, one of the special Ministry of Magic cars was waiting in the front yard when they emerged from the house.

"It's good Dad can get us these again." Ron said.

Carina and Roman sat beside each other in the comfy and roomy car.

"Don't get used to it, it's only because of Harry." Mr. Weasley said.

•†•

Diagon Alley was not as it was were. The colorful shops were barred, gray and closed, its usual busy and noisy street was now empty and gloomy, it was as if Diagon Alley had turned to Knockturn Alley.

Carina frowned at the sight of the place, she remembered the first time she went to Diagon Alley, she was so amazed by its colorful and lively aura, now, it was just glum.

"It feels like I took a turn at Knockturn Alley." Roman muttered.

But just around the corner, at the address that Fred and George had sent them, was the only colorful and lively shop in Diagon Alley. Just the sight of it brought a smile to Carina's face, especially the sight that light in yellow saying:

WHY ARE YOU WORRYING ABOUT
YOU-KNOW-WHO
YOU SHOULD BE WORRYING ABOUT
U-NO-POO –
THE CONSTIPATION SENSATION
THAT'S GRIPPING THE NATION!

"They'll be murdered in their beds." Said Mrs. Weasley.

"No, they won't." Ron said, who just like Harry, laughing.

"It's brilliant." Carina laughed.

"I know where I'm spending my money." Roman smirked.

They all entered the colorful shop. Carina had to squeeze through the crowd just to get in and look around. She and Roman didn't separate from each other, but they did separate from the group.

"Found something, our dearest number one customers?" Fred said.

He came beside them wearing magenta robes that clashed magnificently with his red hair.

"Fred!" Carina and Roman greeted with big smiles.

Fred shook both of their hands then started to show them around.

"So what do you think?" Fred asked.

"It's brilliant!" Carina said. "How'd you even make this?"

Fred leaned down to them both and gestured them to com closer.

"Just a secret, yeah?" Fred said, "Harry gave us the head start."