Chapter 22

Four Months Later

Ron couldn't stop staring at Carina's huge baby bump. The whole time since Carina came to the Burrow, he's been staring at it and just couldn't stop. At the moment, he was eating cereal by the table, whilst Carina sat on the chair, talking to Ginny, who just hit her third month in her pregnancy to the first Potter-Weasley child.

"I can't believe that there's a possibility that I'm going to..." Ginny gestured to Carina's ballooning state. "grow like that."

"You can't imagine how inconvenient and at the same time convenient this is." Carina chuckled as she watched Teddy rub her stomach. Carina took the plate of nuts from the table and placed it on her bump. "See? I got my own table."

Ginny burst out laughing, across the room, Mrs. Weasley chuckled quietly as she continued to cook their lunch.

"So, when's Nott coming back?" Ginny asked.

"Theodore promised that he'd be back in a week – two the longest." Carina said.

About a week ago, Theodore received a letter from the reserve that he was needed at the transportation of a few Hungarian Horntails. Being the Head of the reserve, Theodore had to respond to that letter and be at Scotland for the dragons' arrival. He promised Carina that he would be back as soon as he could, and made her promise to not be alone the whole time he was away.

"Ron, will stop staring?!" Carina said.

"Sorry." Ron muttered as he shifted his gaze to his cereal, but then he found himself staring once again at Carina's bump. "Merlin, you're ballooning."

"Thank you, Ron." Carina said, sarcastically. "That's what every pregnant woman wants to hear."

"How big is this baby anyway?" Ron asked. "It's like you're carrying a dragon inside."

"Merlin!" Carina shook her head. "I'm sure it's just normal, right Mrs. Weasley?"

"Yes, it is." Mrs. Weasley said as she came to the table with tea for herself and the two pregnant women. "But the last time I remember to be that big was when I was pregnant with Bill –"

"See." Carina said.

"And the twins."

"Twins?" Ginny and Carina said.

"Don't dogs usually have five to six puppies?" George joked.

A cracking sound caught all of their attention. From the front door came in Hermione and Harry, still in their uniforms, both looked like they had a rough day at work.

"Rough day?" George asked.

"A bit." Hermione said.

"Yes." Harry said. "Just finished a mission."

"The important thing is your back." Ginny said as she approached Harry and kissed him lightly on the lips.

"How are things?" Harry asked.

"Great." Ron said.

"Spectacular." George grinned.

"Why's Carina pale?" Hermione asked and immediately went to Carina's side.

"She's just a bit shaken because she might be carrying twins." Ron stated, as if it were nothing.

"Are you?" Hermione asked.

"We don't know – we decided not know until I pop!" Carina said. "Merlin, I've seen child-birth, and I don't think – twins?"

If there was a boggart right before Carina, Harry was sure that the boggart would transform to her giving birth, because for the past few days, Carina's been worrying about child-birth.